Sign in to follow this  
robhearne

Mats

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a good set of floor mats? I'm looking for some black velour ones but I want quality.

I was bidding on some new geniune VW ones on eBay but bottled out when the price went over £70. Do VW stealers still sell them?

Any advice would be appreciated as always.

You can buy a set of four from Euro car parts for about £25+vat i think. They are made for the corrado and fit really well.

Have you tried the main steelers?

Bought mine from the dealer when I bought the car, £50 inc vat, but... the ones Just mats sell at shows are better quality and half the price...

I've just had a look on their website and the Autostyle mats do look good, I particularly like the fact that they're leather bound rather than the ones from JustMatz which are are bound with thread.

I wonder how close the Navy or Royal edging is to Aqua Blue Pearl?? If it's not a close match then it will probably look pants and so black edging would probably be better. I'm tempted with an alloy heel plate as well but I think that it might be a bit too OTT.

bottled out when the price went over £70. Do VW stealers still sell them?

They still sell them at stealers - £49.35 + VAT.

If they go for over £70 quid on ebay, why not buy a few sets and flog them on?

At the time I didn't know that you could still get them from the stealers, so I'm glad that I stopped bidding. :D They had a £60 reserve so either the guy who was selling them didn't know either, or he was hoping that people would assume that they're not available any more (like I almost did).

It's a well-known scam, buying Corrado mats at the dealers and flogging them on ebay for a small profit. There's quite a few parts that so many people assume are no longer available and wind up paying silly money for off ebay... :roll:

I went down my local stealers on Saturday (to pick up a 50mm spoiler and black VW badge) and asked about the mats, the guy confirmed that they were £49 + vat and said that they had a set in their old stock warehouse and offered them to me at 25% off. So the other day I was bidding £70 on eBay and now I've got a set from the stealers for £43 :D

I'll admit that the thought did go through my mind to put them on eBay, but I resisted.

You'd sooo regret paying £70 for them as well, as they really are NOT worth that much at all. I felt jipped when I paid £56 for them from the stealers!

I'm actually quite happy with the quality and fit, plus it's nice to have the proper 'Corrado' emblem on them. It's a shame that the drivers side has no heel pad but I'll probably get my local trimmer to sort that out. So for £43 I'm happy, but like you say, £70 would have been a different story.

I'm actually quite happy with the quality and fit, plus it's nice to have the proper 'Corrado' emblem on them. It's a shame that the drivers side has no heel pad but I'll probably get my local trimmer to sort that out. So for £43 I'm happy, but like you say, £70 would have been a different story.

Don't suppose you could take some pics of them could you? I've got rubber VW mats in mine at the moe and I want to get some carpet ones. Just not sure if it's worth getting pukka VW ones or getting justmatz or somesuch to make me up some that look like the VW ones...