magicrat1

We all moan about the "Stealers".

But has anyone tried to lodge a formal complaint

with VW UK?

My last time in the Derby branch of the stealers, left me

aggressive and angry. The service Manager asked me whether

"I wanted to take my car away?" as in, if you don't like it fella you

can F O. (I wanted to, but needed

the car to be driving sometime that month.)

He suggested, that it was normal for friends to taxi each-other

about, too and from work, day-in day-out, as much as necessary. Only necessary

when VW borrowed my car to tinker with it 3 times, to fix one

problem. He saw no reason for my upset, and told me how hard his job was.

That stealer spent 700.00 finding out I needed a new coilpack.

1. Oh its the ISV sir!

2. Oh we fitted new leads and plugs, how would

you like to pay? It did'nt cure the problem, but they needed changing?

(My local mechanic could fit leads and plugs for a tad less than 122.00)

3. Our technician had a golf VR6, he'll sort it.

Finally, while paying up, I ask for some discount given the

situation? No. Didn't even offer me a coffee.

Experts perhaps in standard VWs, not rados.

Is there a way around these company car pirates?

While we are moaning about stealers, I phoned mine up last week to order a new knock sensor and was told I also needed two extra yellow wires that were being listed?! at £5. mmmmm...... the guy couldnt tell me what they were and was as confused as I was but I ordered them anyway just in case.

Well as Im sure you all know a knock sensor is very simple, one end plugs into the loom and the other is torqued onto the block... which now leaves me with £5 worth of utterly useless little yellow wires sitting in the spares cupboard. Thanks for that VW, maybe I should use one of them to throttle the service desk staff with next time they empty my wallet.

The yellow wires run in parallel with the offset bias voltage diode and ensure the sensor's transient peaks don't exceed 0.875V RMS @ 86 db detonation SPL.

:lol:

Stick em in the cupboard mate, they're not required. I think the dealer had a load of yellow wires to get rid of.

I had a bad experience with VW Parkway in Derby, (they broke the fascia of car my stereo and just lodged it back in place hoping I wouldn't notice, they fessed up eventually but I was shocked that a main dealer would do that in the first place) and have never been back. I can recommend Sunset VW on Uttoxoxeter old road in the centre of town 01332 346688, they are 2 ex VW head mechanics and know their way around the car, I think labour costs are around £27 an hour which isn't bad I don't think.

HTH.

I´ve always had good delaing with my stealer, all be it for the prices, I´ve never used the service department in there, but the parts department are great, and all the lads love my C, i always get someone loking at it or asking if its for sale. Now here is the scary bit, I´ve never been asked by the same person twice. I thing they go through staff quickly

Kevhaywire, thanks for explaining what those yellow wires do. I did have that niggling feeling you get when you put somtheing back together and have bits left over :roll:

They are now filed along with hundreds of other car spares that my wife wishes I would get rid of.

LOL....Si, I was messing about. That was a complete load of cr@p I made up as I was p$ssed at the time of writing!

The knock sensor should just be a sensor with a length of wire terminated with a white plug. God knows what the yellow wires are for!

very funny, it sounded like cobblers but I'm obviously too trusting :cry: not that I have ever heard what an offset bias voltage diode is and I thought I was pretty up to speed on the contents of my engine bay.

The knock sensor was just a sensor with a shielded cable and a plug on the end of it.

Would you like to buy a couple of genuine VAG yellow wires from me... never used... and allegedly for a G60, I'll do you a favour and sell them to you for a tenner :D

Don't worry I will get you back next time I am doing pissed forum posting.

Would you like to buy a couple of genuine VAG yellow wires from me... never used... and allegedly for a G60, I'll do you a favour and sell them to you for a tenner

I'll give you 20!

I tried to complain to VW about one off there dealers just not interested and put it down to the area manager who was not interested also. I'm guessing if you had a newer car it may be a different story but not willing to try that theory out.