Sign in to follow this  
Broken G60

What colour are my windows?

Dear all,

My electric windows are etched and I was thinking of replacing them. Apparently the windows come in different tints and I would like them to match the other windows. I looked at the driver's side window, which had "Sekurit Saint-Gobain E1 43R.001025 DOT27M24100AS2 1....Tinted" written on them. The windows look green to me, but I wondered if anyone could tell from the code what colour they would be described as, when I came to buy some other window glass.

Thank you for your time.

You could only get green tints on the rado the only other option is standard glass which is clear!!! So all you need is a tinted glass and you'll be fine!!

what do the numbers mean?? and how come mine aint etched with the reg plate...i've noticed that on most other vw's. New and old.

Was that an option? :|

BANANA MAN - Thanks for your help! I will buy some tinted glass in confidence.

dubbprince - I'm afraid I've got no idea what the numbers mean! I assume it describes which car and window the glass is suitable for. My glass isn't etched with the my reg plate and I really couldn't tell you if was an option. Good luck finding out from more experienced members.

Cheers,

Sam

what do the numbers mean?? and how come mine aint etched with the reg plate...i've noticed that on most other vw's. New and old.

Was that an option? :|

Think the window etching is just a result of the fightback against the boom in car theft in the late 80's, early 90's. A lot of Insurance companies gave out vouchers for free body glass etchingwith car insurance to reduce attractiveness of nicking and changing cars details / reg. etc., as the thief would need to go to expense of repalcing all the car glass as well as just the plates / docs.

I'm quite a fan of black wheels on black cars....or white cars for that matter. The purple tints and the bonnet he can keep though!