Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

wax on body rubber

Bumper black I think its one of the only ways to cover it.

Might also be worth trying washing up liquid on it - seeing as that is what you use to destroy the wax layer on a car, stands to reason it should be able to blast it from rubber :)

Might also be worth trying washing up liquid on it - seeing as that is what you use to destroy the wax layer on a car,
Doesn't do the rubber much good in the long run either! The bumper/vinyl black is a much safer option :wink:

Autoglym do a vinyl & rubber care product, I use it & its very good at restoring all the black bits.

I found that using a square edged sponge to apply the product speeds up the process & keeps it all nice and even

I've found Armour trim cleaner (not the prorector stuff) is also very good. Then use the AutoGlym bumper care and you'll have perfect trim - awesome :D

Dnt get wax on the the rubbers in the 1st place!!! - only joking. Yes use any cleaner and a real gd scrubb. dnt use any autoglym vynl dressing unless all the wax is gone. Dnt use washing up liquid mate. if all else fails post back and il give u a trade secret... good luck.

But it lasts 5 minutes....

Best thing is to clear laquer all the black bits.

Not if you use it properly mate - mine when done lasts 5-6 washes before needing a light coat to bring em back :wink:

I know it's wise after the event, but best to do the rubbers first then polish/wax the car, then it will just come straight off.

Have you tried a toothbrush?

But it lasts 5 minutes....

Best thing is to clear laquer all the black bits.

Not if you use it properly mate - mine when done lasts 5-6 washes before needing a light coat to bring em back :wink:

Agree Scott, I find it last ages.. You've just got to build it up in regular light applications.