Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Daily driver or not?

After some interesting discussions with a few people at Edition 38 about second cars I was just wondering how many people actually use their C every day to go to work and back etc..or do you have the luxury of a second/company car.

I don't have the luxury of either so I have to drive mine a 40 mile round trip every day to work and it has regular trips to Harrogate (from Bournemouth) to the GF's parents as well as all the VW shows etc..

Jay

I don't have the luxury either, mine's a daily driver. I do pamper it but I can't justify keeping two (or more) cars until I have serious cash.

I have a MKIV Golf TDI for the last 5 years as a company car and used my G60 just on weekends. Left the job 6 months ago and now use the bicycle to get to work and just take out the VR6 on the weekends and when I feel like struttin! Lost almost a stone too already from the exercise but then I just live 10min cycle to work. May buy a van as a run around once the Irish Winter kicks in!

P.S James your Corrado is the coolest!

I don't have the luxury either, mine's a daily driver. I do pamper it but I can't justify keeping two (or more) cars until I have serious cash.

me too unfortunately

daily drive here too!

would love to keep the C in the garage for blattin` about in on weekends but its done 142k already so it probably wants to be driven

who am i to stop it doing what it`s meant to?

mine is a daily driver, since our studios have moved i drive down some fast wide open country roads and boy i love it. from the moment i turn off the N-340 i just boot it. i always arrive at work with a grin, and if i've ripped passed a few cars i have an even bigger grin. to the point where staff has asked me if i got laid last night!! G60 ownership is like the cat that got the cream!!

yeah, mine's normally a daily driver and gets about 21K miles a year thrown at her... when she works anyway... :roll:

I do have a second car (golf driver) which I keep for when the Corrado lets me down so I can still get about... :lol:

mine WAS a daily driver til i bought my old Porsche.............now i seem to drive the 924 more :wink: and for the next 2 weeks i'll be lording it up in a 53-plated Range Rover TD6 Vogue :twisted: .........tho did have the C out for a wee midnite spin earlier on tho :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not a daily driver as such for me but is my method of transportation when required. Sits all snuggled up in the garage when not in use with a wee cup of hot chocolate and a nice book. Had it out for the first time in ages the other day after using my girlfriend's 1.9 tdci (?) Laguna. Made me realise how much more I should drive the G.

Mines a daily driver too - 80 miles a day to work and back plus a few miles at the weekend, so typically over 450 miles a week. Not the most economical way to get to work but one of the most enjoyable :) I do keep meaning to drive it a bit more gently to try and get a few extra mpg, but I just can't manage to do it at the moment - probably drive a bit steadier when the poorer weather & darker nights arrive.

mines a daily driver but i only work 3 days a week although its a 60+ miles round trip, if its nice weather i'll use my bike for work and mostly when i'm off i've got the missus mk5 golf that i use ( the only mk5 at ed 38) :) despite what people think its an absolutely brilliant car 8)

Daily driver for me too, 130 miles/day, 3 days a week for commuting, just went over 147K miles 8)

My C has (almost) always been a high miler, it just keeps getting stronger the more miles it gets :lol:

I don't have any economy worries either since I regularly get mid 30's on the way to work and high 30's on the way back ;)

LvP.

I've got a little Seat Ibiza 1.4, so the corrado stays in its newly acquired garage 8) on bad days.. The VR feels so nice after pooling around in the Ibiza for a week or so :lol:

Mine's in a funny position, is it a daily driver? Yes and No!!

I got use of a car for work, a tractor engined pug 406, but I'm not allowed private use of it so the C comes out most evenings, although only for short runs to other halves parents and back or similar. Unfortunatley no garage either :(

Mines a daily driver. Though I do car share to get to work with a mate which is handy.

I don't have a 2nd car, but if I could afford to buy, run, tax & insure another car, I wouldn't be driving a corrado. I'd just have 1 car that was more expensive & faster :wink:

Sadly mine is a daily driver. It cuts me up when I have to crawl through traffic for the 4 or so miles between my place of work, but I don't think I can afford a 2nd car - insurance being the biggest problem for me.

But maybe I will get a £500 'use and throwaway' type car in the next 6 months or so :)

Yup, daily driver. Used to be used for site visits around the country and clocked up 14k miles in five months with no breakages. Now does about 40 miles a day.

got a 106 gti as a daily which is perfect for work runs (if not a little thirsty).

dont think i cold inflict a 10 mile stop start journey across belfast every day on the poor C

the C only comes out the odd evening and weekends. seen it sit idle for a week at a time sometimes. such a waste :mrgreen:

Daily driver here too. Although, it's only a 7 mile round trip to work and back, but seen as my garage isn't next to the house, I always give the beast a lap thorugh town before I tuck it in.

Usually do about 25-35miles a day.

G60Renshaw, Daily driver here too,but looking for a cheap winter runner as the corrado is for a winter respray.

Your mum not selling the TDI now is she :lol:

Mines is a daily driver, haven't got around to buying another motor so my C's only exercise is getting polished :)

My mk2 16v is my daily ride - curently doing about 400miles per week commuting and just gone over 229000miles! :shock: :wink:

The way I see it, you spend all this money on your pride and joy - so you have to use it and enjoy it!

(mine's coming off the road in the next few weeks tho, so I can drop a VR into it!) :twisted: :wink: