Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

got me some bargain alloys!

hey i dont care about dirty tyres, probably put people off bidding!

do you recon its worth trying to sell my standard sebrings? do they fetch much in a scruffy state? 3 good tyres! :S

that'd be your question about the number cast into the rim then would it?!? ;) :lol:

Nice one... another member of the Borbet C owner's club... I've got a spare one of them for sale if you're after a 5th, almost brand new too... ;) :lol:

Blinder! I wasn't too sure on these wheels till I actually saw them on Hennys car 'in real life' - I was immediately converted into a Borbet C fan :D :)

yup henny ;) cheers for the help! it was your avatar picture that swung it for me! yum!

these are et30's so I'll need some spacers like you suggested....what width do you recon? 6mm?

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN !

(please don't decap that post, I need the caps for emphasis on how much I'm kicking myself - Henny will know what I'm on about!)

:D

Yeah - Del_VR6 has them on his Corrado VR6 Amit - they look pukka though the big stud holes seem even more pronounced when there is an extra one per wheel for some reason...

Mate, if i'da known I would have! Damn things slipped me by. VERY good pluck all the same mate, green is not the word :mrgreen:

yup henny ;) cheers for the help! it was your avatar picture that swung it for me! yum!

8)

these are et30's so I'll need some spacers like you suggested....what width do you recon? 6mm?

Try it without any and see what you think... I wouldn't go above 5mm to be honest, and you'll probably be able to get away with the cheap spacers if it's only for 5mm... 8)

Make sure you contact Scotford though to get hold of the correct spiggot rings for these wheels to be fitted to a Corrado... they're only plastic and shouldn't cost much at all... 8)

spiggot rings? :? ta for the tipoff, i was just going to slap them on and hope for the best! whos this Scotford then? (or what if its not a who!)

Scotford are the official UK Borbet importers... 8)

Phone 'em though, 'cos they're a bit pants with their email answering... ;) :lol: 8)

exactly... mine ARE ET30, you may need a 5mm spacer...

as I said, I've got a spare one of these wheels if you need one... ;) (last one out of Scotford's warehouse!)

cheers, i think I'm going to stick with the spare sebring for now as an 'emergency' wheel or try and find a 16" spacesaver from a scrappys., £140 was pushing the boat out a bit at the moment where my cash is concerned, but it was just too much of a good deal to resist!

told ya... as long as you phone 'em they're great, email em and don't expect to hear from 'em... :roll: :lol:

:D ordered a bilstein 'streetline' kit yesterday to drop it 40mm, as for the alloys i think i'll eventually refurb them as the edges are quite scraped and theres a couple of small dents in one of them, as for polishing....hmmmm! i wonder....mirror polished borbet c's?