Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

Corrado Prices

Been looking for a Corrado G60 for while now (about 3 months)

and something im starting to notice after every week of checking the autotrader website is that prices seem to be stedily on the rise :p

is this time of year the wrong time to buy?

or are the g60 becomming rarer therefore more expensive?

well f****i*g annoying :mad:

Been looking for a Corrado G60 for while now (about 3 months)

and something im starting to notice after every week of checking the autotrader website is that prices seem to be stedily on the rise :p

is this time of year the wrong time to buy?

or are the g60 becomming rarer therefore more expensive?

well fucki*g annoying :mad:

RHD G60's were sold for a much shorter period of time than the VR6 so apart from the 8v, it stands to reason that they will be generally much harder to get hold of.

Keep at it though.. something will come along :)

Hey, great news, lets hope the trend continues - if nothing else it will keep the cars in the hands of true enthusiasts

you should be able to find one at that price with highish miliage auto trader maybe not the best place to find the car of your dreams (to quote autotrader)

Good luck

Keep at it mate, look at as many as u can, i looked for a month at 25+ corradoz(AND WANTED FOR 2 YEARS) and when u see THE ONE for u, u will know. try not to be too fussy. engine and FSH is more important than bodywork for cars that age.

lol....if you'd seen the car you'd realise I'm not that fussy. Bottom line was I rolled my Golf GTi into a ditch (see avatar) and needed a car like yesterday for work. Saw the Corrado, bought the Corrado, did 14k miles in five months with no problems in the Corrado, love the Corrado. It's a bit tatty but it's genuine and tatty - not a load of problems that someone has tried to cover up and everything works on it. It's never let me down in the 20k odd I've done in it and I'd even go as far as to say it drives pretty well with it's new clutch (b4stard of a job that it was).

I paid £1400 for it in November, which at the time was probably a couple of hundred more than it was worth but I didn't have the time to argue. It cost me £37 to get through the last MOT and since purchase I've fitted 17 inch wheels (that are now being replaced by standard wheels to improve ride quality), German style plates and FK smoked rear lights.....I also crashed it into a Corsa in February but have since repaired the worst of the damage myself and the scuffed paintwork that remains really doesn't look that out of place! I really can't justify spending big bucks on the bodywork as the car does what I need it to do.

Ok. can u interpret your saying please (70mph wipers etc) and its best u crash cars and not ur R6 otherwise u wldnt have stories to tell. cheers

Ok. can u interpret your saying please (70mph wipers etc) and its best u crash cars and not ur R6 otherwise u wldnt have stories to tell. cheers

The signature is just a p1ss take aimed at VW for producing a car with such sub-standard window wipers and headlights, that's all. As for the R6, there's a guy coming to look at it today (Sunday), which will hopefully leave me with some cash to go R1/GSXR-1000/Fireblade shopping over the winter.

Thought this motor looked clean for the money :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 72270&rd=1

IIRC the guy was trying to sell it on here, in a price range that WOULD have suited your budget...

yeh cheers dude, i had a look at this earlier today actually :lol:

wont have the money till i sell my car, then it looks like ill be ditching the golf scene and coming on board with the corrado's!

slight dilema thoug, for 1k more i could get a pretty decent fiat coupe 20VT :twisted: