Sign in to follow this  
whiteee

Front end...

Need to change front wing headlight and possibly slam panel - do they both just unbolt and what else do i need to disconnect?

Cheers

Cheers... thats it? if the slam panel comes off i would obviously have to take off bumper - but any of the cooling parts - radiator etc?

If you change the slam panel you can leave rad in place and i think you can leave bumper on aswell.

Disconnect headlight plugs

" " bonnet cable

" " Horn plugs

Undo the 10mm headed bolts that hold the rad mounts to the panel then undo the fixing bolts and bobs your uncle

cheers... tried calling you earlier flusted, jus got "BEEP BEEP" no ring no answer fone no nothing?

cud i pick up bonnet tues or weds evening? best time with you?

A lot of the slam panel fixings are behind the bumper....for the five minutes it takes I would definitely recommend removing the bumper first. The radiator can stay in place though, after the two top mounting brackets are removed.

There are 4 really big bolts that go through the front cross member that hold it on. Don't drive the car with these removed as there will only be 2 small bolts holding the front of the engine up...

Also be careful as the two bolts Mike mentioned are a must for the engine to stay in place. There pics on this forum and vortex, please take a look if your not sure :D

LOL... thanks guys.. after i removed the black plastic ducts (brake cooling?) i saw the nuts and figured what was what... came off so easy then - im a real novice mechanic but surely others must agree its not obvious at all as to what bolts are for what... when i first saw them i jus thought they looked a bit heavy duty jus to hold bumper on!

All the front end is off... slam panel - bumper - passenger wing - headlights - bonnet... will have to show photos of work - so much to small after such a lil prang... bonnet barely damaged - it sucks! :(