Sign in to follow this  
anubis

Anubis VR6 - New Wheels......new suspension coming soon!

Just fitted the new wheels to the car, needed a 6mm spacer on the rear, and I think I'll be needing to fit some new suspension to the car due to the rubbing I heard. As you can see from the 4th pic, it's all pretty tight in there. As a tiger. Looks good though, worth the wait. 8)

I saw those Oettinger wheels on eBay at a great price for a while before anyone on here actually got a set, and kept thinking to myself how good they'd look on a Corrado. Certainly seems to be the case - they look proper bo! :)

You could do with some tyre blacking though! :D

They're on 215/40/17. It's lowered 45mm, so I'm going to get some adjustable coilovers fitted to account for the rubbing. How much is yours' lowered with the coilovers?

similar lowing to yours, maybe a touch lower. I'm running 205's which seems to help no end. They are a little stretched, but not to much. I think 215's would need the arches rolling.

MoonlightVR, if I change the tyres to 205's do you think I'll be able to get away with not having to replace the suspension? I know Andy Brookes is running 205's and no rubbing, but he's also got coilovers.

Anyone know roughly how much a set of coilovers would be? I thought around £600 ish....

MoonlightVR, if I change the tyres to 205's do you think I'll be able to get away with not having to replace the suspension? I know Andy Brookes is running 205's and no rubbing, but he's also got coilovers.

Anyone know roughly how much a set of coilovers would be? I thought around £600 ish....

It's difficult to say mate. As long as the tyres you go for are not too squared shouldered you should be ok. Do your tyres rub at the moment?

Assuming they rub badly then going over to coilovers may help as long as you don't drop too low. It's the 8" width that's the issue, but you can get round it.

Good coilovers will cost you £600 upwards.

Yeah, they rub at the moment, but only when I go over bumps, or corner at any speed. Think I might go for the coilovers this week. I'll ring round to get some prices.......sounds expensive :(

8) Love those wheels, been wanting some ever since first seeing them (or rather the RZ's on a golf) can't afford them just yet tho... probs won't get them till the new year...

Good choice anyway, look good :D

Cheers for the comments guys. :D I've been busy [at the expense of the car], but now I want to sort the wheels out before the mess in the garage grows over them.

I'd like people's opinions on whether they'd change the suspension or the tyres? Obviously changing the tyres to 205's is cheaper, but doesn't gaurantee that they won't rub, causing more outlay on the suspension.