Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

light buzzer install

Has anyone who has done this mod noticed that the interior courtesy delay delay light remains on permanently once the door is closed? If the lights are on however, the interior courtesy light goes off after a few seconds once the doors are shut!!

What kind of wiring ballsup have I managed to achieve here?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

you need a diode on the live wire of the buzzer... when the headlamps are off, it's allowing the interior lamp to earth through the buzzer and so stay turned on... ;)

Thanks Henny!! Can I get one from Maplins?

:oops: :oops: :oops: pardon my ignorance but what kind of diode do I need - I know they look like resistors but do they do the same job? And while we're there where does a rheostat fit in within these definitions?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks Henny!! Can I get one from Maplins?

:oops: :oops: :oops: pardon my ignorance but what kind of diode do I need - I know they look like resistors but do they do the same job? And while we're there where does a rheostat fit in within these definitions?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

A diode simply allows current to flow one way and not another, like a one way valve.

A resister restricts the current flow, but still allows it to flow in both directions.

A rheostat is an adjustable resister that allows you to change how much restriction is placed on the current flow.

But I dunno what diode you need to solve your problem :)

yup, just tell the bloke behind the counter that you need a diode to stop you interior light from staying on in your car (so it's gotta take 12V) and they should sort you out OK... 8)

You'll then need to put it into the live wire of the buzzer to stop reverse current keeping the light on... 8)