Sign in to follow this  
fla

auto shift light

Next prob

My VR is an auto box. The light showing which gear has been selected is fused. I took the cover off over the weekend and the plastic casing allowing gear selection is green. Firstly, I want to change all the green dash lights to blue with the LCD displpay ones to red as per Hennys setup, but I dont want ot end up with everthiong blue and the tranny green. I've never seen the transmission light (fused when I got the car) so I'm assuming that this will also be green. If so, how can I change the colour to blue? BTW the bulb is a bummer to get out, i guess i need the holder plus bulb?

I was enquiring about part numbers for these yesterday.

Shift light bulb:

191 927 149 C bulb holder with bulb (From >> 50-N-020 000* ) £8.35

1H2 927 149 bulb holder with bulb (F 50-P-000 001>>) ......Deleted!....

Thanks to John Wintle.

I'd guess the bulb is white, as there's a large green filter under the shift cover.

Probably just a matter of rigging up a blue filter to replace it.

Which Quality Street's have the blue wrapper? :)

blue is a bit of a bugger to do 'cos it makes the light coming through so much darker, so you normally have to put in a brighter bulb... That's why I went with red 'cos it's a lot easier to do and looks just as good... 8)

You got an auto too Henny? The green filter that MikeVR6 has mentioned is actually a formed unit in green, which I PRESUME gives a green tint. Don't know how easy it will be to replace, or get another one made, so its not a simple as the dash lights

ooooh, no, manual all the way for me! :) I don't think I've ever actually been in an Auto Corrado... :|

Used to have an 1.5 Auto MKI Golf though... lots of fun sat in summer traffic jams on the motorway with both feet on the dash getting odd looks from people as you use the gearbox and handbrake only! ;) :lol: 8)