Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Almost ready to fire her up.....

Newer design with variable cam timing and variable inlet manifold as standard. probably a lot more torque down low than a standard vr6 and a bit more top end. Never drove one so not sure though.

it's a true DOHC, unlike the 12v.

the 12v has inlet an exhaust valves on ech cam, thus making it a dual SOHC (so the plastic cover is a lie)

ont he 24v, all the inlet valves are operated by the front cam, and all the exhaust valves by the rear cam. this means you can have variably valve timing. so you can run hairy cams, but use the variable tensioers to dial out the overlpap at lw revs to give better low end performance and emmissions, but still retaininy the high end charactersistics you'd get in a cammed muiltvalve engine.

and it comes with a variable inlet manifold as standard too, so I don't need a schrick anymore as I get one as standard.

hahaha! keeping you all in suspense

I love suspenders, the thought of Britney in them hmmmmmm......yummy.

Thats no p-chop, Phaty's harboured a genuine 24valver in there! I thought you said you were skint?????? :p

Thats no p-chop, Phaty's harboured a genuine 24valver in there! I thought you said you were skint?????? :p

i think Phatty would have worded it a lot more politely :twisted:

I haven't even got photoshop! besides, it's easier t (for me) to fit a 24v in my corrado then phtoshop one!

I am skint, I already had the 24v lump, I was just saving it for my mk2. the no cost option to fix the corrado was to use the engine I already had. so in it went.

Very nice Phat....Im very impressed....so does it fit in with minimal work or is it a complete bitch of a job?

Is this gonna be the finished product or is it just a stop gap while you think of something else?

selling your schrick? i have a friend who may be interested.

Ta

I'll do more of a write up on the 24v conversion and the difficulties as an when it's all done. a definitive guide if you like.

yes, schrick is for sael, but I already have a few parties interested in it. been offered £850 for it already. register your interest by PM ing me. I'll let you know when it's ready to go if the guy who asked first decides to give it a miss.

this engine will be staying in the corrado. I'll save the 3.0 12v turbo for the mk2, both with 4wd.

this engine will be staying in the corrado. I'll save the 3.0 12v turbo for the mk2, both with 4wd.

Hmmmm, it would be wasted in a mk2 :wink:

no. it's purely for racing. the mk2 is much lighter, and cheaper to repair if I crash it. the corrado is too nice to track. well, I'll do curborough, but I don't fancy going out with other cars on the track.

I want a totally mint corrado 24v syncro for a daily driver, with full on luxuries, and a balls out stripped out 600bhp mk2 for racing. only then will I be happy.

no. it's purely for racing. the mk2 is much lighter, and cheaper to repair if I crash it. the corrado is too nice to track. well, I'll do curborough, but I don't fancy going out with other cars on the track.

I want a totally mint corrado 24v syncro for a daily driver, with full on luxuries, and a balls out stripped out 600bhp mk2 for racing. only then will I be happy.

:( but i want it.

:( but i want it.

them! :D :lol: