Sign in to follow this  
belfastfumanchu

Corrado As 2nd Car Classic Insurance Cost?

Yep, another insurance question.

Ill keep it simple :

For anyone who is running their Corrado as a 2nd car under classic insurance, how much is it costing you ?

Tell me your age aswell please and what engine size your Corrado is.

Im asking because I'll be 25 soon and once i am, i'm considering putting the Corrado onto year round Classic Insurance.

Hi John,

Campbells of Coleraine offer good deals on Classic Insurance locally.

Mileage is limited to 5,000 per annum IIRC.

Most English companies won't even give you a standard policy, never mind a Classic one!

James Campbell & Sons Insurance Brokers - 028 2073 2828

Also, post a message up on the local Club GTI forum.

http://www.clubgti-ni.com\forum

Good Luck

Mike

I've got a classic policy with Carole Nash. It cost about £400 and something quid.

93' VR6

I'm 28, full NCB and no convictions. Garaged, good postcode.

I also insure my bike with them and they're quite good.

Up until 2 months ago, when it was wrote off :x I had a 1.8 16v insured as a second car thru norwich union under a classic policy restricted to 2000 miles a year but this can be altered for not too much more on the premium, total cost £115, Im 31 with no NCB and a clean license but the car had to meet a certain requirement on the age i think it was 15 years old mine being a H reg it was just out but they swung it for me anyway, they were very good when it came to settle the policy when the bonnet popped open at speed although they took there time as usual for insurance companys.

You guys are paying a decent price - i'll give Campbells a shout Mike.

The Corrados' going away in couple of weeks until April/May next year, but will still be looking to take it for an occasional spin to keep everything ticking over.

Also if it's a nice day and im at a loose end it'd be nice to take her for a spin when i feel like it just for the hell of it!

Cheers

I have g60 as a 2nd car with all my ncb on my first vehicle (which im unable to transfer to the g60 policy) its garaged, nice area, limited 5000miles premium 1950.00 :cry:

I hope whatever insurance ur going to pay, my situation will make yours feel all that much better.

Good luck.

Just been quoted £260 Tpft or £460 fully comp on 2.0 16v. I'm 28 with clean licsence, this does not take into account my no claims which is used on a Seat Leon Cupra I've just bought.

Got the Corrado under year round Classic insurance (which is fully comp) for 341.00 quid. Not bad eh ?! Limited mileage mind, but suits me as i don't put over 5k miles a year on her.

Company is called AON - based in England.

Well chuffed :-P

I use mine as a daily driver, 13k + miles per year, so no classic insurance options for me. Just had my renewal notice in....£360.00 with 4 yrs NCB , £150 excess, legal cover, the usual stuff. I'm 36, live in a reasonable area, the car is not garaged but on the drive. Its a 91 1.8 16valver btw.