Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Corrado in Top Gear used cars buyers guide

Hi

Flicking through the new top gear buyers guide last night in Tesco- saw a feature called something like 'supercars without paying super money', had a look thinkin the Corrado could have got a mention- alas the closest they came was the RX-7 (at least it was the same age..). Felt a bit disappointed until I turned the page to a feature called 'top 10 evergreen performers' or somethin and wahey, in amongst the supras, porsche 911's and porsche 968's was the corrado :) :)

Its a great write up- IIRC it goes something like ' VW got it so right with this coupe, squat purposeful and muscular it comes with three engines ( :? ) the 2 litre (hmmmm) the supercharged (maybe) and the VR6 which is THE one- its just sublime' etc etc etc

Well worth a look next time you are in the supermarket 8) , You'll no doubt have a chuckle about Top Gear talking about its 'reliable golf underpinnings' reliable my ar$e :lol:

Cheers

Mike

For a car that went out of production 8 years ago, it sure does come up a LOT in the motoring press still... VW did get it sooo right with the Corrado :)

its about time VW had a look backward and relised what they created.

Nope, they probably would like to forget about both the Rocco and the Rado, given their low sales figures for what VW is: A producer of mass production cars :roll: Even the lady guiding us around Karmann 2 weeks ago said that the Corrado was a big flop for VW, as car producers ultimately only look at the money aspect of their wares.

Shame but true, but let's just enjoy the fact that our cars are so exclusive, sales flop or not :lol: !

Tempest

Cool, I might have to purchase a copy on my trip to Tesco tonight :)

And don't let VW make another Corrado, they'll bugger it up and make a hairdresser's car and then the name will be tarnished forever!

Cool, I might have to purchase a copy on my trip to Tesco tonight :)

And don't let VW make another Corrado, they'll bugger it up and make a hairdresser's car and then the name will be tarnished forever!

totally agree with ya there :D