Sign in to follow this  
Dubbabe80

COURIER DELIVERY FOR ALLOY WHEELS

I've looked at some past topics about this and can see that a few of you have sent alloys by courier. I seen that someone had managed to send theirs by DHL next day delivery for around £25-35. My problem is when I rang DHL they quoted me £260!!!!

I'm looking to parcel up 4 x 17" kahn alloys with tyres (each wheel measures 60 x 60 x 25) and they weigh 17 kg each.

Does the weight of alloys differ that much for it to make a hige difference in proce like this?

Anyone ever sent alloys of this size/weight before? What was your charge?

Cheers

Gill

i sent my speedline 15" wheels with tyres for under £50.

this was with royal mail parcel post and although it takes up to 5 working days it was by far the cheapest i could find

i had to pack each wheel separately and it was a bit of a pain...next time i sell wheels i will probably do collection only

royal mail 48hr parcelforce. arrange it online and they come to collect. wrap each wheel in a binbag with something covering the face of the rim and should be grand. or get some wheel boxes from a shop.

£38 from NI to england it cost me. 17s with no tyres.

Its also worth considering pallet carriers- Most will deliver a full pallet next day for £30. though I guess a good courier quote should beat this which means you won't have to go and steal a pallet 8)

Mike

DHL definately carried my set of 17" diablo's nect day for £35 they were in box's with cardboard diveiders between them!!! I was aloso looking in the post office yesterday that they charge £9 something for first class upto the weight of 30kg so may also be worth trying that one as that will still be under £40 if wrapped individually

Thanks very much guys, DHL started to fob me off saying if i got an account with them and sent more than 6 parcels a year I would get a discount!!!!

I'll try royal mail and see what they say,

Thanks alot