Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

nuespeed arb's quick question??

after looking at various topics on suspension ive decided to go for koni ta's with h&r springs and nuespeed rear arb...but they advertise 25mm & 28mm which do i need to go for? also is it worth getting a front arb whilst im at it?

cheers

Graham

Just expanding on the above, which is true, the 28mm is stiffer and pretty hairy in the wet. The Corrado isn't a mega roly-poly car to begin with, so the 25mm is perfect.

The front bar is very good but it depends what your roads are like. If they're bumpy as hell, the front ARB will cause some wandering and bumpsteer as it effectively increases the spring rate. If your roads are OK then the front bar will take your handling to the next dimension.

Rear bar is DIY, around an hour.

Front bar is also DIY but some people find suspending the entire subframe by a few threads of the front subframe bolts a bit unnerving! Can't think why :lol:

Heres a good link that tells you more about what the uprated arb's will do.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1108/shine.html

Ive got my front Nuespeed 25mm going on Monday. Rear will have to wait for a bit though till I get some cash together again. (Reason im getting the front one first is I need a wheel alignement and dont want to have to get another a few months down the line.)

The rear one does the lion's share of the roll reduction, so you may not notice a substantial difference with the front one on it's own.

Should have said you were getting an Nspeed front as you could have had mine for £100. 3 months old.....

Yeah it's great Joe. Unfortunately the roads on my daily grind are stupidly rough. So much so they have killed my nearside (where all the ruts and holes are) top mount in a year, genuine aswell :( So the standard bar is on for now and I think some of the issues I had with the Nspeed front were down to the poxy top mounts :?

You will find the whole front end feels really stiff, *very* planted and secure compared to the standard 20mm front ARB.

You may also find the Nspeed ARB will rub on the chassis rails as it's huge! 25mm is the absolute limit on the A2 platform.

Find a known rough road which has cambers dipping to the left and see what the steering does. The snag is with big bars is they keep the wishbones *too* flat and you may find the car will veer into the camber against your command. That is a trait of big bars I'm afraid :(

Rest assured, on decent roads the front bar (and rear) will come into it's own. Razor sharp turn-in, zero roll and tonnes and tonnes of sheer mechanical grip.

You will like them I think, and on the track..... that is where you will *really* appreciate the difference.

Cool, all sounds good. Did you get any noise or anything from the rubbing on the chassis rails?

Tbh, it probably will be a bit much forsome of the roads about here, but my vr's not exactly an everyday car so should be ok. The track performance is what I want to improve, done my first track day this year and im now up to 3, next year I should hopefully be in double figures.

If track use is your primary concern, then the Nspeed ARBs are the best thing you can do to the chassis, aswell as some camber tweaking. Mine is a daily driver unfortunately and therefore have certain refinement aspects to consider.

Nope no noise at all from the front bar....it only rubbed slightly and only on the offside. I would recommend you replace the bush clamps as they rust and twist out of shape with age. I didn't do that but wish I had done as it would have prevented the rubbing.

Put plenty of silicon grease on the supplied poly bushes or they will creak when braking...but that's a minor thing.

You simply will not believe the roll reduction as a pair.... it's phenomenal.

Enjoy!

The front bar is very good but it depends what your roads are like. If they're bumpy as hell, the front ARB will cause some wandering and bumpsteer as it effectively increases the spring rate. If your roads are OK then the front bar will take your handling to the next dimension

the roads around near where i work are a nightmare, but locally there not bad. Ill have to have a think about the front but ill definately be getting the rear.

are there any other parts i should change whilst ive got the suspension off, was thinking bout some powerflex bushes? What about front upper strut brace, read on here that some types wont fit the vr6 due to fowling of certain parts in the engine bay? more to the point is it worth it, will it have a similar affect to the lower front? sorry for all the questions :oops: just wanna make sure get it right first time :lol:

This should b a weekend job unless come across any major problems shouldnt it/

Thanks to everyone for ya input so far...much appreciated :D 8)

Graham_E, you may want to consider the Eibach set then (front and rear) as I drive on the same sort of roads as Kev and and the same H&R/Koni setup but my (cheaper) ARB's seem a good compromise between the standard items and the stiffer Neuspeed's...

I priced them from Awesome and Star Performance, Star were cheaper though I cant remember the prices right now.

I believe Stealth also sell them.

Do i then also need the uprate suspensiuon bushes to go with them? Just ordered a set of koni top adjustables with springs, hoping in combo with this I'll get a nice improvement :)

I ran the autotech hollow front on my 92 daily driven slc with the n/s rear 28mm bar. Also ran the n/s front stressbar and autotech rear stressbar, bilstein pss. Personally I like very tight/twitchy steering (caused by the front larger arb).

The yellow car has autotech hollow rear arb and a custom setup up front due to the audi TT control arms, etc etc.

R

Ah well, no arb fitted today, it takes about 3 weeks to get the Neuspeed ones in.

After a talk with Jim at Star P ive decided to go for the Eibachs. There cheaper, will be here in a few days, are zero maintenance and Jim reckons there would be no difference between an Eibach or Neuspeed equipped car. Even if they are a touch softer it will probably be better for about here anyway. 8)

Got my alignement setup to a slightly more aggresive spec though :twisted: , well recommended if your not too worried about tyre wear.

What spec did you go for on the alignment?

Jim is right, there isn't a massive difference between the two bar brands but if you only want an uprated rear, you're stuck with Eibachs! And the Neuspeeds are way better made and clamp to the rear axle in a much sturdier way.

When I got my bars, Eibach couldn't make their bl@@dy minds up whether they were going to pull the Corrado bars or not, so *had* to get Nspeeds and they were next day from Awesome. It was the Eibachs that had a 3 week wait for me!

how much was the rear eibach ARB??

after riding in kevs car at the weekend i definately want some kind of ARB and if the Eibach and Nuespeed are similar i'll just be after the cheapest!

:mrgreen:

0.5 degrees toe out and it was either 1.5 or 1.7 degrees negative camber it was set too. For standard arb's the camber could be taken a bit further but I went for this spec as I know ill get the uprated ones on soon. 8)