Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Insurance Issues.

Well, now it's official, they've finally written it off, and as a Cat B :shock: I mean yes the body panels were all knackered, but I had a massive list of parts that were salvageable. Now all I have to do is to await their pitiful excuse of an offer, laugh with derision at the paltry sum they offer me, and then await a better offer.

Cat B! Rats C0cks :mad:

Still there's a Sebring that I managed to salvage off it in the 'For Sale' section.

Take it easy y'all,

Tom

Nope, unfortunately due to the Category of the write-off I am not allowed to touch the car again, nor will it or any of it's parts be allowed onto the public highway again (according to the lady on the phone this afternoon). The whole thing goes straight to the crusher apparently :cry:

Due to recent changes in legislation, you are now only allowed to buy back Cat D write offs unless you have a breakers licence, then you are allowed to buy back Cat Cs as well. I'm going to look into this and see if I can dispute it though.

Cheers,

Tom

Tell they you want to build a race car out of it. for something like the VW cup. Most of the cars in that are ex write offs.

Might work

good luck

G