Sign in to follow this  
kebabman

Track Day Banter...

Oulton Park was just the first track that came into my head. Any up this way will do. :wink:

Just looked up Bruntingthorpe, not as far as I thought actually, 313miles. :cry: I expected over 400.

Is it worth breaking the trackday talk into a seperate thread away from the suspension?

Not really up for brunters lads, it's a great proving ground but so dull as a track....not my kinda thing, I like a bit more of a challenge. Donny/Croft/Oulten Park/Cadwell are all proper tracks, one of them would be much more fun IMO. I'll be going to the Donnington trackday on the 28th as £95 is too much of a bargain to turn up....

The person who organised the 306gti6 trackday at Croft is thinking about organising another one at Oulton Park, and has asked me to ask you lot if you'd be interested in doing a joint corrado/306 day? I'll put up a proper post about it later when i have more details, but with both forums we should be able to get enough people to keep the cost down hopefully.

When you hire the circuit you also get 2 instructors that do free instruction all day as well if that persauds anyone :wink:

Track day insurance costs, well last time i got it, 1% of the sum insured with a 10% excess. So for a £5000 car, you'd pay £50 for the day with a £500 excess.

Joe M - i'll try and split the topic shortly ( yay.. I did it and didn't break it ;) ).

kebabman - depends what you are after I spose. I know that we'll easily get 20 people for a Brunters thrash.. just depends how involved and how serious you want your track day to be. I'm not talking of anything serious for Brunters - just a chance to get your car on some good open unrestricted road, see how quick you can make it go, get a few pictures etc. I know airfield days would be fun so getting a little bit of basic track thrown in has to be a bonus.

I agree with kebabman on this one - Brunters is fine if all you want to do is fly as fast as poss but a proper track is much more fun. Twisties, turnies, uppies and downies is what we want :twisted: . jimsG60 hits the nail on the head - Drive within your (and your car's) limits. That's the point of trackdays, to learn quicker handling skills in a safe environment not to see what max speed you can reach (Use a rolling road or the Pod ffs!) Definitely interested in Oulton (on the to-do list), Cadwell (my absolute fave so far), Donny and the rest.

You should make it at a track a bit further north so its accesible for the whole forum. Oulton park or somewhere. :wink:

Oulton Park would be very hard on the VR6 mate... its very short and tight... the down hill section into the the chicane and up the hill is one of the hardest parts of the track and a nightmare to get it right... come off and you have a concrete wall :shock:

Scott are you referring to the short course or the long one. I have only done the long one in my Golf but I never had any problems with brakes or anything.

Part of the attraction is getting it right. I don't, having been on plenty of other track days, think Oulton is any riskier than other tracks. I certainly prefer it to Castle Combe.

Not may be a top venue for a first time out. If there is a day at Oulton, I'd turn up and act as talking ballast if anyone wanted their hand holding. Might even take the Passat out for a ride round.

Gavin

if its within 350 miles i might consider coming a look.... but i am thinking the scottish sprint championships might be good fun for next year.......

Ive got a place for a 3 1/2 hour day at Knockhill on November 13th, I can try see if I can get more if anyones interested?

£47 12.30-16.00 Open Pit Lane.

pm if anyone wants a place and ill see what I can do.

I can test my car's top speed on the M40 (my own private section of course) I don't need to wait for brunters :lol:

Donny on the 28th of Nov, full day open pitlane in 2 session per hour format....£95, you know it makes sense 8)

I can test my car's top speed on the M40 (my own private section of course) I don't need to wait for brunters :lol:

Donny on the 28th of Nov, full day open pitlane in 2 session per hour format....£95, you know it makes sense 8)

How can it be open pit lane if you only get 2 sessions per hour? Still not bad for £95 tho

Open pit lane for 30 mins per hour, with people in either the on the hour or on the half hour session.

Ahh ok :)

Some pics to encourange people :wink:

IMG_7792.jpg

This is why i need new suspension, note the mud on the front splitter from recent trip into neighbouring plowed field :lol:

IMG_7941.jpg

Tough keeping up with the 306s when they're driven like this! 8)

if there is still spaces left i will be at donny on the 28th of november sounds good fun hopefully i will c some of you there

I will definately be there, but my car will not be ready to hit the roads until sometime in the new year.

and when it does it wont have the supercharger on it either but what the hell it should still go well enough....

Actually when it happens I hope the track is soaking :D

Was thinking about this the other day, thought I'd bring it back to life :)

Jim did you ever find out anything more about a Brunters day? I'm sure people wouldn't want to go in the winter weather... but no harm in getting things organised for the spring :) I still think its a great idea 8)

If we ever have a forum one, it'd be the LAW that you'd have to bring it. You have to try and defend your purchase against a load of vicious VR6 owners

Can we wait untill i've finished mine please? I'd whoop everything even if its still running in :shock:

well, if i could drive :(