Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

A few questions........

Alrite guys,

need some of your expert knowledge, as i have two pretty lame questions that i need answering :lol:

1. why dopes the supercharger on a G60 need rebuilding, and why did VW never reccomend this when they released the car?

2. can you get some form of dump valve on the G60?

thanks in advance guys! :lol:

Alrite guys,

need some of your expert knowledge, as i have two pretty lame questions that i need answering :lol:

1. why dopes the supercharger on a G60 need rebuilding, and why did VW never reccomend this when they released the car?

2. can you get some form of dump valve on the G60?

thanks in advance guys! :lol:

I'm no G60 expert but...

1. Because when you've got stuff spinning round at a few thousand rpm it tends to wear out after a while. Re-building seems to just involve replacing bearings and seals though. You have to remember that Cs are now all 10+yrs old so any rubber and plastic parts they have are going to start to break down a bit. Especially the bits in a charger that have been going through some pretty huge heat cycles.

2. You can, but I'm not sure how much if any difference it makes when it's in standard tune. Either way you don't get the chavvy pweeetschhh noise you do with a turbo dump valve ;)

1) with Dinkus on that answer... 8) VW considered the G-lader to be a replaceable item ... :| ie, when it needs rebuilding, just buy a new one and replace it.... :shocked!:

2) you can remove the boost return system (and replace it with one of Darren's kits for about £30) which allows the boost to be dumped to atmosphere creating a dump valve sorta noise.... it's different from a Turbo's dump noise though due to the nature of how the supercharger works... It's been described more as the "AAHHH-" from a sneeze (Aaah-chooo)... the main problem with doing this is that the boost return will always be dumping boost unless you're on full throttle which can get rather annoying on long motorway runs and the like... :|