Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Tailight lacquer

I am going to attempt the top tailight tinting this weekend and I will be using that Foliatec spray.

I was just wondering what lacquer to use as I am sure I read somewhere that the wrong kind will just strip the tint spray off?

well theres cellulose or acrylic laquer I have a feeling it was acrylic I used as the foliatec was acrylic based but dont take my word on that as it was 2 yrs ago when I did it and it'll crazy pave if you get it wrong, best thing to do is look on the can to find out what type iit is!!!

sorry not that helpful am I tonight!! LOL

It's been a long week!!!

Maybe you could remove those logo's on the lights, this gives a clean result when they are finished.

Removing those logo's.

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Removed.

image004.jpg

When there finished.

Fort3_12.jpg

Too late. Just done them. Had a few mishaps so aint nothing special but at least there not the horrible orange anymore. I kept the Hella etc as I couldnt be arse sanding them down. Rough and ready just like my car. Pics up tomorrow when I refit.

Not too bad me thinks. Bit of a rushed job and Ive yet to us any cutting compound/polish on yet. 100% still orange on the indicators as well.