Sign in to follow this  
thamouse1981

vr problem?

on my way to work this morning it was raining heavily about half a mile into the journey my vr6 began to be very sluggish and then would pick up normally seemed to be lurching this went on for about half a mile then ran perfect for the rest of the trip i did have a crack in the coil pack but sealed it with silca set could this be at fault or something else fuel filter etc??

Might be worth just checking all the connections (HT leads especially) and drying everything off! If you've re-sealed the coilpack recently it shouldn't be a problem but if a year or so ago could have cracked?

After an amusingly lurchy / interrupted drive to work in the downpour this morning (in my dads old Merc estate, NOT the Rado) i'd have to agree and say that its something electrical like the coil pack or leads. Dads car is fine one minute - heavy rain overnight, and then its not starting, juddering at low revs, lurching, etc.. dried out this afternoon in the sun, quick spray of WD40 on the leads, runs like normal again.