daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

What grade material are the new bits made of Dave ?

Edit...

Answered my own question t308 stainless steel

Edited by delfinis38

Hi Dave - bought a kit off you a few years back that I am now getting around to fitting. A quick question - how long should it take to drill out the old hinge pin? I'm using a 3.5mm HSS-Titanium bit and have tried with both a Dremel and a heavy duty domestic drill, both mains powered, and it seems to be taking ages.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi Dave - bought a kit off you a few years back that I am now getting around to fitting. A quick question - how long should it take to drill out the old hinge pin? I'm using a 3.5mm HSS-Titanium bit and have tried with both a Dremel and a heavy duty domestic drill, both mains powered, and it seems to be taking ages.

Any advice appreciated.

I'm no expert but when I did mine, I didn't use the screws Dave supplied as they are too soft. I didn't drill the pin out but made the centre of the roll pin large enough to take a tap.. Can't remember the size maybe 2.5 or 3 mm. I screwed the tap in about 5 to 7 mm enough to grip then pulled the pin out..

Think you have to use the pins again so don't drill them out unless you have spares.

I have spare pins, so that's ok. Hmm - might need to get some small taps then. Will have a look. I have a set of hardened screw extractors but they are slightly too big to fit. Thanks.

I'm no expert but when I did mine, I didn't use the screws Dave supplied as they are too soft. I didn't drill the pin out but made the centre of the roll pin large enough to take a tap.. Can't remember the size maybe 2.5 or 3 mm. I screwed the tap in about 5 to 7 mm enough to grip then pulled the pin out..

Think you have to use the pins again so don't drill them out unless you have spares.

Any advice appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't advise drilling the pin out, my advice is to pop the back off the pin housing and push the pin out from the back, it's detailed in my install guide if you have it handy. If not I can send it to you but need an email address.

Dave

@dave - PM sent with email. Cheers, the instructions are probably in my big "box of car paperwork and receipts", but I can't find them.

HUGE Thanks Dave, kit arrived promptly this morning and I now have a working drivers doors handle! Awesome service as ever mate!

Just fitted my new door handle repair kit. Very well made, just the job.

Had a right nightmare with the pivot pin, ended up drilling out half the metal from the broken striker plate around it.

Just fitted my new door handle repair kit. Very well made, just the job.

Had a right nightmare with the pivot pin, ended up drilling out half the metal from the broken striker plate around it.

I've had to do that in the past but I've got good at swapping them now. :o

Are these kits still av, i need a drivers door handle kit

Yes they are, drop me a PM.

Thanks

Hi Dave. Could you please send a drivers side kit to me please. First time on this forum so not sure of the process from here. Rgds, Mansell

Mansell, I'll drop you a private message with payment details.

Dave

Dave hi,

Are you still doing these repair kits. I need one please for the Passenger Door.

Thanks

Wendy

Dave hi,

Are you still doing these repair kits. I need one please for the Passenger Door.

Thanks

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Yep still supplying these, I'll drop you a PM with payment details.

Dave

Morning, just had a call from the missus saying she's just broken the drivers door handle, so im guessing im going to need a kit please! Can you let me know total inc postage etc, and ill get it sent over! Cheers.

Morning, just had a call from the missus saying she's just broken the drivers door handle, so im guessing im going to need a kit please! Can you let me know total inc postage etc, and ill get it sent over! Cheers.

PM sent.