Sign in to follow this  
Coley17778

Clunk Clunk twang twang when turning any ideas?

Car is going to garage tomorrow to get sorted only did it on full lock now makes loud noises no matter which way i turn any ideas dont know if i will make it to garage. :(

sounds like severely worn cv joints, dunno how long they would carry on just take it very slowly especially when turning

The twang twang part doesn't sound very CV jointy to me. I'd be looking more in the direction of front steering/suspension components, i.e. suspension top mounts, wishbone bushes and anti-roll bar bushes.

Sounds more like a front coil spring to me mate, either its not sat right in the cup or one of the ends of the coils have broken so its not seated properly wont be a cv joint cos thats more like a dry grinding thud that is constant with your speed as you turn a corner normally on full lock, doesnt sound like bushes either to be honest as this wouldnt give you a twang, and the anti roll bar would only twang if it was seriously loose i.e. bolts were either about to drop out or already have done,........check the coil springs first and the top and bottom mounts :)

sounds like severely worn cv joints, dunno how long they would carry on just take it very slowly especially when turning

doh :oops: didnt read the question properly yep it does sound like it could be seized top mounts as the same thing happened on my mrpoo (mr2) and both front springs snapped on full lock :shock: the car had been sat for a couple of months while i was working away and the top mounts where seized sollid :mad: