Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

caliper alternatives

I want to renew my brake calipers on my 2litre 16v 1993 corrado and have been told on the forum that golf calipers will fit and would be possibly a better alternative but which model golf has the same ones??Ive been told its a mk4 but there are loads of different models.Are they all the same or will only certain ones fit.Also is this the same for the mk3 as there are loads in the local scrappy but im not sure which model i need.Cheers :D

Presumably you're talking about REAR calipers here?

Mk4 rears are "best" in that they don't rot and the handbrake mechnsm works better than either the mk3 or mk2 parts that were fitted to 'rados.

Mk4s also require custom brake hoses though - they use a slightly different fitting.

Use the search though, there's a load of threads about this stuff.

Well I dunno actually, Gavin, it wasn't stated in the original post.. I am just assuming here, given that's the most common problem..

Anyone know what the front and rear calipers off of a VR are worth? This would include the caliper carriers so that you can convert to 280mm brakes.