Sign in to follow this  
Cougar

Sputtering under load, sometimes cutting out SOLVED

I have had a sputtering problem under heavy throttle for years now. It would come and go but was always fine at lower throttle. I finally (quite by accident) noticed that there was corrosion in the connector plug to what appears to be the computer in the plenum by the right intake vent.

I disconnected and cleaned it and also found that the vacume hose to the computer was cracked. Fixed both and the car runs fantastic! I had forgotten how much power the G60 has!

Never would have thought that corrosion could occur there, but considering it's not real well protected from dampness.

I have to wonder how many of people's gremlins might be related to this same problem.

cool ill check mine ive got as slight spluttering think it was the ht leads as since their replacement ts gone but worth checking anyway

cool ill check mine ive got as slight spluttering think it was the ht leads as since their replacement ts gone but worth checking anyway

Cougar, I'd put money on it being the pipe that was the main cause of your original fault. In case you aren't aware it should be 1 metre long or the ECU gets confused by the pulses travelling up it.

Gavin

Thanks H100VW, I had a feeling that length would be an issue (size does matter!) so I was sure to get a new hose the same length.