Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

Supercharging a Storm

I am considering the option of supercharging my Storm, and was after peoples opinions of this. Also, who would be the best company to go to, to have the work carried out, and what sort of prices would I be looking at?

Stealth Racing are very reputable in this field... talk to Vince on 01926 812259 :)

And set aside some serious cash.. not sure on the actual figures, but I know its a lot. Previous supercharged VR6 owners have mentioned reciepts folders adding up to as much as £20,000 but then most of them did go totally beserk on the stuff that they had done... but please talk to Vince to get some proper ideas of figures.

the vf engineering kit is approx £2k plus taxes and carriage from US.

i beleieve this is the kit that storm sell.

Storm?

Stealth Racing are very reputable in this field... talk to Vince on 01926 812259 :)

And set aside some serious cash.. as much as £20,000

OUCH!! I thought costs would only be around 3 grand! If they are spending that sort of cash, I may have a rethink about the whole idea!!

And set aside some serious cash.. as much as £20,000

OUCH!! I thought costs would only be around 3 grand! If they are spending that sort of cash, I may have a rethink about the whole idea!!

adam have a chat with 'rado on here he knows the answers u need.

If you want a cheap kit I'd buy one from the classifieds on vwvortex and you'll get a real bargain. There are some on there for $2000 which is only about £1k so you will save money even after adding on the import duty, vat and shipping and be

all set up for about £2000 with a custom map.

If you buy a new kit from a UK distributor you'll end up paying over £3k.

corradovr6sc, Do you still have to pay import duty and VAT on second hand parts? Even if you do you can get whoever you are buying off to write the price down for less than you are paying thus saving Vat and tax :wink:

Yes, you still have to pay the vat etc. The sender writes a value of the item on the parcel and this value is what the customs base their figure on. But you will save on something second-hand as the value is lower. If the item is labelled as a gift it doesn't incur any additional costs. Even if you do pay the extra costs it is worth it as s/c kits are rare in this country on the second-hand market.

Sorry - I didn't mean it costs £20,000 to supercharge a Corrado VR6.. just that the people I have talked to previously have just spent lots and lots of money on uprating other stuff and doing lots of work to the car.. so it was kinda difficult to give an exact figure just for the supercharging work!

AdamB, good man adam will sound sweet? Is newark on for 2005? are you going to have storm or cab?

Luke

AdamB, good man adam will sound sweet? Is newark on for 2005? are you going to have storm or cab?

Luke

Depends on the weather!! As I will be coming from Scotland - Cab on a Sunny summer day, Storm for the other 364 days of the year!

the vf engineering kit is approx £2k plus taxes and carriage from US.

i beleieve this is the kit that storm sell.

Storm?

oops meant stealth.

that'll teach me to post whilst watching neighbours :oops:

make sure your drivetrain is in generally good condition. as the extra power will "unearth" any fruity cv joints

a friend of mine had a charger on his c vr6. he said it was absolutely awesome, but it ripped the 3rd gear cog to bits.

the item is labelled as a gift it doesn't incur any additional costs.

Excellent so if you buy anything from the States you can get the seller to say its a gift and you don`t pay tax,Ho Ho Ho,Merry Christmas :lol: :lol:

Found out that you do have to pay tax on a gift if it's worth over £125 Get yourself a cheap ticket to the States and take a slighty larger suitcase

I heard somewhere that if they mark the parcel as 'returns' then you can avoid tax. Dunno if that's true or not. I'd be interested in bringing over a charger too if that's the case :)

Or you could just buy my set up! All problems sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

THought I had first dips on that!!!

Timo. 8)

maybe I'm further donw the list than I thought! :(

AdamB, just hope it the other kind of day then! Then I get to see the raddo 8)

Timo., I thought you would have PM'd me, its been in my signature for a few weeks now, selling all my SC conversion, chargecooler, water/methanol, exhaust, the lot!

gibber_2k, never noticed, sorry dude. Just PM'd you. Price is a bit beyond my means..... like by alot!!!

Might be a different story next year though 8)

Timo.