Sign in to follow this  
G-Lader

Help - where can I order a Giro valve?

Spoke to a nice chap from Corado Club stand on Sunday (Stanor Park - hope I spelt that right!) anyway was having a good chat about further mods and noticed a shiny object in his bay! Turned out to be a giro valve which stops the boost venting off,said I could order one from Ridgeway Performance but cant find a web site or number.......anyone advise me where I can order one from as this sort of mod(easy to do @ the w/end,cheap and makes a diff. to performance)is right up my street!

cheers!

great response! I was searching under Ridgeway Performance,thats why I could not find it !

Cheers

Any views on them ?

I had alook at one at the Malvern show and it seemed to be well finished, would have bought one but ran out of cash, again! :cry:

Yeah, it was me you were speaking to at Stonor :D

I got it from Ridgeway Racings stall at the Malvern show.

Nobody really mentions them much on this forum but the majority of the Golf Rallye's at Stonor had them fitted :scratch: I wonder why???

Leew - cheers for the advice at the w/end,got in touch with Ridgeway today and they r £45 incl vat but they may be up @ santa pod at the w/end so hopefully I'll buy one there, if not then I will order via phone from them next week.

Jabba wanted £45 plus vat so not interested there!

(funny thought id forget Giro not the tuners name!!!!)

Gti Festival - how does the 1/4 mile run work? Is it pay on the day and do they time 0-60's as well?

Hopefully I wont regret doing the sprint as an engine mount on my C is far from 100% - never been there before is it worth the trip?

I spoke to tha guy that owns Ridgeway and he seems very enthusiastic and will listen as much as talk! A good thing.

His prices aren't bad either compared to some other suppliers, but he is a manufacturer too so can control the price.

Chris

Ridgway racing are going to be at Santa Pod on Sunday. Will be looking at their stand . Any one else going ??

Endor - should be at least one more corrado up there - wife and I,dont care if it rains cos it's still a trip out eh

I saw the giro valve thing's on Ridgeways stall at inter's and was going to buy one but I had already spent to much money. Then when I got back to my car I noticed that I already have one!!! sorted!!!! I dont really know how much of a preformance gain I get from it. I dont think its much but for £35 what can you expect?

Karmann - thanks for pointing that out,was just testing to see how long it would take for people to notice! (doh lol)

Chris - as far as I understand it the Giro Valve stops boost venting off,especially at low revs thus giving greater boost and better pick up.

A giro valve is just a simple one way valve, it lets air in one way and stops air from going the other way. When put in front of the ISV it lets the ISV breath but then under WOT if your ISV is leaking boost, the giro will stop the leak.

As i've mentioned before, you dont need it unless your ISV is leaky. :D

stop wasting you money on expensive giro valves or check valves,you can use a simple check valve which will do the same work for much cheaper. I bet you can make your own isv reroute for less than £10. Go to a metal shop and get i scrap tube about 62mm diameter and an0other tube about 25mm diameter. weld these and you have an isv reroute that people charge £50 for.

Dubcharged, SNS in the States checked an european chip and proved that it did indeed bleed boost at a predetermined level.

Clip from VWVortex by Mkrad:-

"UK folks proved that their chips indeed did bleed boost"