Sign in to follow this  
The Hub

My Corrado NEEDS ICED

Hi Just got a C last Monday and it is in serious need of some ICE fitted!!

Ok now, it does have a Kenwood head unit which skips with every bump you hit and it has speakers on the dash which cant handle volumes above 10. The covers are off the speaker mounts on the doors and there are 6X9's in the rear parcel shelf.

Really don't know what the previous owner thought this system was good for, but the good news is i have saved my Alpine head unit from my last car (CDA-7873R) along with a Phoenix Gold Q X 150.4 Amplifier and a PG 12" Sub in Sub Box. I have a mate wiiling to do and install only I would like to hear advice from Corrado owners first.

So my question is what would be the best way to install all this and which components would you add to the front? I have seen the Audioscape ones for the door panels but dont know much about them. Has anyone any pics of thier Boot enclosers or front speaker installs so i can get an idea?

Thanks in advance :)

PM Blue Joe - from what I gather when he phoned me the other night, he is in the middle of fitting the entire of the Halfords stereo section into the boot of his car! Sure he'll tell you what he has done if you ask him nicely as it does sound like a heck of an install.. including Audioscape door pods I might add.

I've got Audioscape door pods.....we did a group buy on them recently actually :lol:

First things first, what sort of sound are you after?

You don't go to a concert and turn your back on the musicians, so lose the rear speakers. You want it all at the front and if you tune the sub crossover well, the bass will appear to come from the front.

The Corrado plastic door pods are cr@p. Lose them and fit some Audioscape pods which will take a nice 6.5" woofer. Fibreglass the backs of the door cards to make them rigid and fit the best components you can afford into the Audioscape pods. If you want stealth, fit the tweeters in the dash and use your Alpine's time alignment to centre the soundstage, otherwise stick the tweets as close to the woofers as poss if you don't mind chopping up the irrepacable (from the dealer) door cards.

I've got an Alpine 9835R in 3 way active network mode, SEAS Lotus reference components, SEAS Lotus sub, Genesis 4 channel and a Genesis Dual-Mono and the sound is uttely sublime.....imo of course :wink:

That's all you need, a good set of components, a good source unit, plenty of clean current and some top components in decent door builds.

The kit you've got is good, so get on the blower to Audioscape, mention the haywire and get yourself aquainted with their pods. They can also supply you with some focals or SEAS.

Have a browse in the ICE and Secure section, there's pics of mine and other installs in there.

Cheers fort the help guys, I know the 6X9 in the back are getting chucked.

the gear i have is well good to get me started just needed to know the Audioscape pods are the way to go. looking to do a boot build and get good front components so i will look into what you have sadi and get some serious sond out this thing :lol:

Yes the Audioscape pods are the mutts. If you want a better than factory vinyl finish with good sound, there is no better. You can of course make your own but save yourself the bother and get some tried and tested ones :wink:

the std doorpods can be modified and reinforced to take 6.5" speakers but to be honest if doing it again Id get the audioscape ones.

:shock: wow thats some install :shock: don't think I'll go that far but it's looking good. What sort of components did you use and who done the door builds???

I'm using Diamond Audio Hex Series 6/4Tweeter.

Company Called HotModz, My car used for the Demo of there work

I ain't suprised :o so they are custom door builds then??? A mate of mine does alot of installs and he owes me some cash so I am hoping we can call it quits if he does a good job. Still undecided on which components? Phoenix Gold, JL Audio, Infinity or Focal

I ain't suprised :o so they are custom door builds then??? A mate of mine does alot of installs and he owes me some cash so I am hoping we can call it quits if he does a good job. Still undecided on which components? Phoenix Gold, JL Audio, Infinity or Focal

Yep custom builds

When the doors closed mould neatly round dash.

As for components go and listen to them if you can, i say diamond are good for me but someone else will prefer the sound of the focals for example.

personal preference.

If ya interested got some 5 1/4" diamond hex components for sale.

Not much on offer here to listen too, the main shops here are cHavfords or a JL and Phoenix dealer who always tells you to buy Kenwood :o :? Not to keen on the Focals although they have been reccommended. Listened to the Infinity's in cHavfords and they where by far better than anything else on offer but that woukdn't take much.

Would really like to buy 6.5" and maybe 3 way like you have, but thanks for the offer.

has yours got the wiring behind the door covers already? mines a 1990 and doesnt...I'd be interested to see how you get them there if they're not aleady as its something I've thought about doing but not been able to work out how!

has yours got the wiring behind the door covers already? mines a 1990 and doesnt...I'd be interested to see how you get them there if they're not aleady as its something I've thought about doing but not been able to work out how!

I went thru the grommit in the door where the wires for elec windows/central locking go thru

chrishill, just checked mine tonight and realised there is no wiring like you say :o

Cheesy's idea sounds like the plan!!!

chrishill, just checked mine tonight and realised there is no wiring like you say :o

Cheesy's idea sounds like the plan!!!

Should be ok fitting 1 spk cable thru fine, imagine mine thou got 3 sets of cables