Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

What wheels should i get for my c?

After an evasive manouver left my c with one warped wheel, which will cost me 200 to replace, i have decided to go fora new set.

My budget is limited im looking within 500( i have tyres already)

Any advice? I would go for splits, but cant afford them, and so prefer split effect(with bolts) and deep dish.

I have seen a couple of examples:

Be useful to see what people think. Originally i was riding on enzo cups(http://www.enzo-wheels.com/cgi-bin/evow ... set&lang=2) I love the old skool look of them

I think the 294 ones would look good if they didn't have the split rim effect, and were not drilled for multifitment... I rather like 5 spoke on the Corrado! :)

294 or 465 get my vote from that list.

You can get shed loads of alloys on the s/hand market for £500.... why not go down that route instead.

what wheel have you damaged? Is it not possible to get a single replacement? :|

Ive looked on the net, not much luck, same ol b shit on there. Ive seena set of porsche replicas, with 8 on the front and 9 on the back, but the guy wants 1100 for them.......Not a chance. It d be easier selling sand to arabs than seeing me part with a grand for soem wheels, that ill probabl end up kerbing anyway! :roll:

i like the 524 actually, theyll look like propellors when driving!!!!!!!!

i loved the enzo cups, but wanted to get splits next. I love kevs wheels above, they are the busienss, and the replicas ive seen are based on them, but its just too much money! My mate just built some bbs rs001 with 8.5 onth e fornt and 9 onth ebacnk, and it csot him 2100 all in??????????? If u look at the latest pvwmag all the show cars have em, but they cost too bloomin much :!:

mmmm, £115 for a new enzo cup. I m ust say, im quite disspointed now, as i was kinda looking forwar to a new set, but id rather save the money

so porblem solved

cheers guys

only cos u got 7 spokes! he heh

But in fainress i must admit, 290 do look pretty darn good the more u look at em. I love the dish! BUT why tempt myself, when im gna buy a replacement wheel! (damn!). :(

They were developed for racing in the 80's. It bascially menat that teams could alter the width of thier wheels by just changing the outer rim and use the same centre. If a wheel was bent then again only the rim needed replaced. The RM's are pretty light compared to most of the other VW wheels.