Sign in to follow this  
endor71

Car insurance

Adrian flux quoted me £1500 tpft for me with alll my mods I got it down to £720 with HIC over half the price. He obviously didn't like me or something :D

I just took out a policy with Flux - £655 for 92G60 - standard except konis momo and exhaust, living in the burbs with clean license aged 29 - and that was TPFT!!

How old are you endor71?

Have they just stiffed me??

Grrrrrrrrr :evil: hate it when insurance gets one over me!!! :mad:

loads of my mates seem to pay less than me with more exotic cars!! :mad:

Anyone got a list of good insurance companies and their phone numbers? Like HIC for example.. I need to do my phoning around this month.

Jesus.. I just phoned up HIC because I had heard good things about them... he said they were coming back with over £1000!

More Than are still the strongest company for me @ £612...

I got a good deal with Bell Direct (Thanks Corrado Forum)

But I have had a nightmare with Elephant.co.uk If you live in the London area and use Elephant.co.uk, BEWARE! They use a disreputable garage called Abbey Coachworks of Wembly to carry out repair work.

I had a front and rear shunt and Abbey ended up doing more damage to the car than the accident, then denied it all. I have been in dispute with them for about a year and finally the last parts are due to be fixed next week. I could list everything they did but its nearly home time and there is not enough space here to list 'em... :mad:

I just saw Bell Directs number in Top Gear magazine.. going to give them a call shortly and see if they can better the More Than quote :)

my mate had his car repaired at abbey coachworks too, through insurance and they didnt do a good job to and they smashed the rear window and didnt eve tell my mate

Well tried a whole bunch of companies this evening but they were all laughable.

Managed to get the More Than quote down to just under £600, so I am definately going with them. Bye bye Direct Line! :)

Blimey Nik, small world eh?

I made a complaint to the trading standards and wrote to Top Gear about it all, Elephant claim they are investigating the problems I had.

Would your m8 mind if I used his example to strengthen the case against them? I have made it my mission to get them either shut down or inspected by trading standards?

Cheers

Doug

See my concurrent mail under ' Car Insurance' thread .

Still desperately wanting a VR - anyone after one of the best 16v's you will find pls contact me .