Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Urgent advise needed!!!!!

Hi everyone

I fitted a set of Bilestine Coilovers last nite (pss9) and the fronts went on fine so did the rears but the tyre hits the spring on the rear wheels so in order for me to get the wheel on I hired the spring loads so it would clear the tyre...

I called a few places today and they said you need a spacer kit, they do universal spacer kits but they recommended if I was to go bigger than 5 mm do buy a spacker kit for around £60 quid other than the £8.99 universal spacer kits that they do. The problem they said if I used two 5mm spacers I wouldnt get the allignement on the hub? Could he be talking crap as hes trying to sell me a more expensive kit or is that true?

I thought about sticking the two 5 mm spacers together and using longer wheel nuts, surely if the wheel is on then therre cant be any risk of saftey??

Beware, putting any spacer on will change the loading through the bolts & hubs. Whilst there will be some safety tolerance inbuilt I strongly advise you only fit the 'proper' bits. I've seen a few wrecks caused by either the bolts or hub assys coming apart. No way fit 2x5mm spacers together. I am sure our professional colleagues will bear me out on this.

whats you offset of yr wheels then ? if std a 5mm spacer will do the job contact me for any offset/wheel questions as i will proberly be able to help ya...

Its my mate G60 - Yellow, hes got a set of 16"rims with a 215 40 16 tyre and the tyre was hitting thye spring. I did think earlier that he would get away with just a 5 mm spacer, however he has bought the proper kiyt for around £60 so I dont have to worry about the the 2 5 mm spacers anymore.

Thanks for your concern with this matter

I will let you both know tomorrow that it was all sorted. He apid £800 for his Bilstein coilovers, isnt that a bit expensive? It was cheaper than Demon Tweeks he said. I personally would have gone for a set of Koni coilovers and he had to wait 6 weeks for them to arrive from Germany!