Sign in to follow this  
markymark

Tyre Pressures

Guys

No idea what my tyre pressures should be. They are 17" alloys low profile (don't know the make etc but obviously can find out v soon).

Any idea what pressures they should be or where I can find out?

Ta!

I run my 17s at 32 psi front and 28 at the back. The sticker in the B pillar denotes pressures for factory fitted tyres and is not gospel. Choose a pressure that gives a good ride and doesn't cause under or over inflation wear patterns. 30-32psi is fine for 17s.

Good question & answer.

Was hoping to find more feedback for oppinions. I think the minor adjustments make a difference for your own preference. Tyre make differes too.

Im not happy running 32front, 28back at the moment on my Dunlops. But then the same pressures on the Toyos were GREAT.

Going to swap my Yokos off the back to the front to see if that helps rid the understeer.

;)

Recommended pressures for standard 15" wheels, 195/50 tyre are 38 front and 33 back. Having tried this, it is much better than lower pressures as the tyre wall is not as stiff as a 40 profile tyre.