Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

4WD (syncro) conversion (UPDATE: 20/02/05)

Is yours off a passat?

actually, I have 2 tanks, one off a rallye, one off a jetta syncro, I will check they are the same.

Is yours off a passat?

actually, I have 2 tanks, one off a rallye, one off a jetta syncro, I will check they are the same.

My tank is off a passat G60...

Rear subframe and diff and prop now on.

86117235.jpg

slight problem, the powerflex bushes were too small for the vr6 subframe. luckily, I had a spare rallye one lying around so I had to spend all morning stripping and cleaning that. got it on, but the VR6 plates don't fit, so I'll have to buy some rallye ones now.

86117428.jpg

anyway, the good news i that at a "sensible" ride height the camber isn't bad at all

86119974.jpg

but those arches are going to need some filling

86120054.jpg

they can comfortably take another 1.3/4", so I'll go for an extra 1.5", taking them up to 9"s out the back

86120845.jpg

and, just for fun, I thought I'd see how low it'd go before something touched.

86120986.jpg

a rather scary amount of camber, and the bracket on the rear arm that secures the flexi brake pipe digs into the rear chassis leg. I may fit a rubber limiter on top of the suspension arm to prevent that from ever happening, I wouldn't want it to bottom out and damage the brake lines. or I may move the bracket itself. interestingly, the bottom edge of the corrado wheel arch already has a dent in it to clear where the brake pipe goes.....

86121129.jpg

so. camber can be excessive, but as you can see, the lower it goes, the more the wheel tucks in, so there should never be any issues with tyres catching, even with 9"s on the back.

86121268.jpg

now we are talking... this is looking so cool! Have you sent any pics to any of the mags? You deserve so much credited for this...

Elliot from PVW knows about it. then again, they were meant to feature my old mk2 VR6, but I never got it finished in time.

I'd only want it in the mag if it'd go on the cover, but Lee's is probably already lined up for that, and I can't see them wanting to put 2 burgundy corrado's on the cover in the same year.........plus the publisher prefers bright cars on the cover becasue it sells magazines apparently.

Downpipe is now finished, pics coming tomorrow.

Been working on mounting up a 19 row mocal oil cooler in the front bumper.

will have the downpipe all bolted up tomorrow and should have the prop mount sorted too.

"a rather scary amount of camber, and the bracket on the rear arm that secures the flexi brake pipe digs into the rear chassis leg. I may fit a rubber limiter on top of the suspension arm to prevent that from ever happening, I wouldn't want it to bottom out and damage the brake lines. or I may move the bracket itself. interestingly, the bottom edge of the corrado wheel arch already has a dent in it to clear where the brake pipe goes..... "

That would the camber I've been on about then... :lol:

anyway, the good news i that at a "sensible" ride height the camber isn't bad at all

touchai' 8)

if you look at the bad camber pic you will notice the wheel is right up inside the arch, which would make the car totally undrivable anyway - and there is no tyre on the wheel which will lessen the effect even more so. I suppose time will tell

if you look at the bad camber pic you will notice the wheel is right up inside the arch, which would make the car totally undrivable anyway - and there is no tyre on the wheel which will lessen the effect even more so. I suppose time will tell

Just you wait until you put the car on the ground, pictures don't tell the full story... :cry: I'm cracking on designing and implementing a new rear sub frame at the moment... 8)

sounds interesting mate - fancy PMing me with your ideas?

p.s. I followed an M3 today and I noticed that it was running quite a lot of camber! so maybes some camber is normal

PhatVR6, are you using a syncro engine or the r32 3.2?

It's an R32 lump. I just don't like to call it that as I don't particularly like mk4 golfs.

now this i cant wait to see when its finished............i heard so many people say its not possible to get a r32 in a corrado, how long you think till its finished?

now this i cant wait to see when its finished............i heard so many people say its not possible to get a r32 in a corrado, how long you think till its finished?

its not that difficult mate.... :?