Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Gearbox Oil Help Please

Hi All

I've just had my spare gearbox rebuilt as the one in it has fallen apart again!!!!!

I've had it completely rebuilt including VR6 first and second gears - However I can't find fully sythetic gearbox oil that I have been recommended to use.

Not even my local stealer sell it - they sell semi-synthetic only

Any advice people???

Sam

I've used Castrol SMX-S with Slick 50 Gearbox Treatment- you can get both from larger Halfords stores. Really good stuff. People on here also rate Redline fully synth gearbox oil. Have a look at the procedure in the How-to guides on here- very helpful :wink: :)

Redline MT90 - there is no better. Baulking and 2nd gear crunching resided to the history books. Slick 50 is not a bad thing to partner with it as the gyrating Storm Trooper above recommends.

You will of course need a 17mm hex key to facilitate the oil swap.

You can procur said oil from http://www.redlineoil.co.uk

What's so good about Redline? It's one of few oils strong enough to meet the demands of jet engines, so can only do wonders in a gearbox. Just don't look at the price of their engine oils! And you need two quarts to fill your box.....oo er!

Oilman, Did you hear of this forum from me as I emailed you about a month ago saying you should do a club discount thing? (I was Egg_Man on the SSC)

Sorry for the hijack

:offtopic1: