Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

Heated mirror glass

where is best to get them? need one for each side as mine dont heat. :(

GPC are 30+vat ea - that really sucks.

anywhere do them cheaper?

cheers

-pablo

It's still pretty outrageous. But yeah, I asked the dealer once and he said it was £46+VAT for each...!!

Some guy was in there getting a non-heated mirror and even that was going to cost him £16+VAT, for a flat piece of moulded plastic with silvering on one side... :roll:

Ouch! I've got to replace mine too... damn, didn't realise they cost that much! Struth, was considering cheap replacements, but heated is the way to go in this weather. Mine aren't heated at the minute, I guess they were replaced at some point. Did all VR's get heated mirrors?

It's still pretty outrageous. But yeah, I asked the dealer once and he said it was £46+VAT for each...!!

Some guy was in there getting a non-heated mirror and even that was going to cost him £16+VAT, for a flat piece of moulded plastic with silvering on one side... :roll:

Glass actually....

Come on guys, can we not continually moan about parts prices on here. We all knew what were getting into when we bought the car. When has any German car ever been cheap to maintain? If you want Ford running costs, buy a Ford.

well mine are heated and the 12v is getting to the mirrors ok but i guess they are just done.

got £40 from the inland revenue this morning so I think I might treat myself. Its impossible to see without the ehated glass. Having them on the 106 makes me want them so bad on the raddo.

You can pick up just the glass, if you really not bothered about the heating element, for about £3 from a Motorfactors.

You won't cry when some punk smashes it then.

I think I'm on my 4th wing mirror glass :roll:

pablo_vr6, have you tried cleaning them? :lol: You might be able to see out of them then ;)