Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Very tempted! Azev A's

Right, I know this has come up before and many have said that they dont fit on the VR because of brake callipers etc. But these are from a VR6 golf, VW fitment, 16" X 7.5" and as far as I can see they are not the dished type that we usually see. Any comments as to whether they would fit? Are the Golf's calipers similar in proportion, is there anything different about the C's brakes that would scupper the fitting of these wheels?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

I love these wheels, they are designed to go with the C! There must be a way!!!

Try and find out what age Golf VR6 they are from as later Golfs had shallower calipers (288 setup) than the Corrado VR ones. The offset would be handy to know too, but 35-40 is fine. Best thing to do is drive and collect them and trial fit one first.

Thanks for that will ask, cant really check them out though as they are at the other end of the country! Cockermouth couldn't be further from London, so would just be collection. Will find out how old the golf is though and whether they have 288's.

Cheers

Hi Kev, this was his reply:

It was an R reg 97, with upgraded discs and pads, so they will definitely fit as the discs were much bigger ! good luck !

Does that help, can we deduce anything from that. Did a 97 have narrower callipers?

Many thanks

I think 96/97 was the change over year for brakes on MK3s, so take a pic of your caliper and send it to him, and see if it's the same as his. Corrado callies are wider than 288 ones.

To be honest, you sound keen, they are a nice wheel and they will fit over 97 Golf calipers. So why not take pot luck, buy them and then invest in some 288 brakes if they don't fit? That way you will not only get nicer wheels to put on your car, but also much better brakes :lol:

For the time being, you may only need a 3mm spacer.

Did he tell you the offset? Needs to be between 35 and 40.

One of my mates put them on his R5T in 15 inch and it required machining part of the wheel slightly, which Azev did for him and then they fitted perfectly and didn't rub on the caliper. They are a great old school rim!