Sign in to follow this  
Chris M

Rear beam bushes

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head around this passive rear beam bush malarky

after owning a couple of mk1's and a mk2 i'm not sure if i just need to get used to the fact the the backend does more that just get draged around but so far i don't like it, so i've decided to replace the bushes for new ones to see if they are worn (after 120K) and moving too much. i've looked on etka for the part number and it apears to be the same as the mk2 items (191 501 541) and also spoke to the guys at euro car parts and found the same?

can any one shed any light on what the difference is or am i just looking at the wrong bush. i need to sort this soon because christmas week is going to be the only time i will get chance to work on it.

oh its a 91 g60

thanks, chris.

If you don't like the way the rear end feels, the bushes are definitely knackered. They usually are by 120K. Mine were starting to split at 85K.

The Corrado bush is different from the MK2 item, so they're telling you wrong. Try Stealth Racing as they always know what stuff to use, or try a search on here as the part numbers have been mentioned before in similar posts.

The corrado bushes have 2 little 'cut out' bits in the bush which provide the flexing. MK2 ones are solid.

The part no. for the rear beam bushes as fitted to the G60 is 191 501 541 and they are £32.70 each from VW.