Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

my car is leaking oil into my coolant, no its no the headgas

my car recently had its headgasket changed over to a copper headgasket and It was installed properly, my car is stilll leaking oil into the coolant anyone??

I am not positive but I think that its my oil cooler. I have water dissapearing though and my car will need to be refilled when the light tells me to every 3 or 4 days. driving the car the temp of the water stays down pretty decently, if I hit the gas the temp really doesnt go up. so thats why I think its not the headgasket, and the fact that it was just replaced about 2000 miles ago, I am boosting 11 PSI FYI. So yes there is oil in the water and I dont know why the oil cooler would fail/break.

Oh and I was driving home tonight and the car was acting up, No HP when cold then plenty of HP when warm, I would gas it then the oil pressure light and alarm would blair at me for the whole trip home, my water temp didnt rise a bit but the damn oil thing wouldnt go off unless I hit the dash, then it would go on again! I replaced both sensors about 300 miles ago cause I had the same problem. I really need help on this ones guys. Thanks.

You are losing water, and there is oil in the water. If you can be absoltely positive about the head gasket I would agree that the oil cooler is a candidate for suspicion and may have corroded internally. The question is, where is the water going? Is it in the oil, exemplified by frothy or white emulsion? If so you are compromising your engine and charger due to oil contamination. Or maybe you have a coincidental water leak somewhere else.

Best wishes

RB

I would gas it then the oil pressure light and alarm would blair at me for the whole trip home, my water temp didnt rise a bit but the damn oil thing wouldnt go off unless I hit the dash, then it would go on again! I replaced both sensors about 300 miles ago cause I had the same problem.

If it was my car i'd be taking the engine out and checking the shells, oil gallerys and fitting a new oil pump plus getting the head pressure tested. I wouldnt reccomend driving with the oil pressure light on either.

I would gas it then the oil pressure light and alarm would blair at me for the whole trip home, my water temp didnt rise a bit but the damn oil thing wouldnt go off unless I hit the dash, then it would go on again! I replaced both sensors about 300 miles ago cause I had the same problem.

If it was my car i'd be taking the engine out and checking the shells, oil gallerys and fitting a new oil pump plus getting the head pressure tested. I wouldnt reccomend driving with the oil pressure light on either.

Mind you its not a stage 3 cossie engine which isn't your daily transport

Dipstick looks fins doesnte seem to be any oil on it after driving it like a madman, the only thing that I can think is that the water is escaping into the oil system and is evaporating from the engine heat. the oil that escapes into the water is staying there and causing the oil level to be low and causing the oil pressure light to come on unless I fill the oil system.