Sign in to follow this  
duffer

The shame of it!!!

Driving home tonight, i pulled up at a set of traffic lights which lead onto a dual carridge way. A little ratty 19 year old kev / townie, pulls up behind me in a bog standard looking 1.6 Puma. Being mature........i decided to nail it off and show him up. But he stayed right up my ass till i pulled over at about 95 (private road!!!!). To my horror as a pulled over with my right foot still planted, he shot off into the distance!! God knows what he had under the bonnet, but it sounded like a rally car even with a standard exhaust!!

Don't tell me..... You've got a valver?

Ha ha. Dunno what that Puma might have had under the bonnet, but I learned a lesson early on in my 16V Corrado ownership.

Driving the car back from the original purchase, I couldn't convincingly lose my mate in his 150k 1.8 Mondeo. :roll:

As someone else on here with a valver says in his sig. "Not 1/10th as fast as it looks"

May be true, but I wouldn't part with the blighter for anything. (Well, maybe for a G60 or VR) :wink:

Was definatly not a racing!! You can see racing puma's arches a mile off. I've got a 2.0l 16v, decat, full stainless exhaust and K&N. Not much but should have been enough to see him off!!

Godskitchen? Do you go there?

do i go where? oh right i see now! yeah i used to be into that whole scene big style! kinda not been in over a year, still do all the big ones tho like "Global Gathering" and the rest of um!

It has need known for people to put RS turbo engines in them. Easily made fast, especially in such a small car.

Just wondering cause I work there doing the visuals every friday night!! I worked at Global as well. I was doing the visuals in the Godskitchen tent.

Don't be so down about it - the Corrado is just a heavy car. Its quite a humbing experience being beaten by something you were sure you could thrash.

The time my old 2.0 16v got absolutely destroyed by a really tatty looking Civic was such an experience.. wasn't till I caught up with it at the next roundabout that I saw it was a stripped out, sleeper, 2.0i VTEC - no wonder it destroyed me ;)

godskitchen: No worries mate, there a space+one on the guestlist whenever you want it. Just dont remind me about the puma ha ha.

being unable to loose a saxo is a regular annoyance for me, i hate the fact he'll go and brag to his mates how he's kept up with a corrado and they're 'not all that' thus tarnishing the C's reputation!

being unable to loose a saxo is a regular annoyance for me, i hate the fact he'll go and brag to his mates how he's kept up with a corrado and they're 'not all that' thus tarnishing the C's reputation!

15 years on, motoring mags are still raving about the Corrado. I can't see the same happening for the Saxo.

Nuff said ;)

kevhaywire: Sorry, nothing personal!

godskitchen: If you let me borrow ur storm, i'll get u free drinks all night aswell. ha ha

Back on topic now for me, jumsG60 100% agree, its like good music, will be talked about for years, the saxo is like girls aloud, yeah you would but how will they look in years to come?

Back on topic now for me, jumsG60 100% agree, its like good music, will be talked about for years, the saxo is like girls aloud, yeah you would but how will they look in years to come?

:lol:

That's the best analogy I've heard in ages!

i agree jim, doesnt stop me getting pi$$ed at a chav driving a tin-shoebox keeping up with me though :( the corrado should just naturally whoop the saxo's butt, and the fact it doesnt proves to me there is no god.