Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

CHECK YOUR CAMBELT TENSIONER

Just changed mine because i heard a clicking sound coming from the top side of the engine.

Took off the old cambelt tensioner and it seiezed when i took it off :?

Could have been really bad

Here is what mine looked like, you can see the bearings collapsed.

A give away is a rust colour in the cambelt cover and around the tensioner and cam sprocket.

Just don't want any engines to go because of a £12 part.

Beavisjem

lucky call mate!

i`ll be checking mine asap... have been a bit paranoid recently `cos i dont know if mine was done when the head gasket was done

Nice one mate, told you to change it asap after my similar (worse) experience! - was lucky it didn't go the other night, I really didn't want to give you a lift back to Norwich!! lol

Should also mention the crank bolt as that has not come up for a while - all G60 owners should get these changed also as there have been a few cases of them snaping as the original is a stretch bolt, now been superceded to a non stretch type but no recall!!

yeah ive just changed mine.when we were takin the engine apart i noticed how bad the belt tensioner looked and it werent too good.

didnt know nothin about the crank bolt will get that changed before i put the car back together.cheers guys :D