Sign in to follow this  
duffer

Suspension setup

If you just use lowering springs (eibach in my case), is the ride stiffer that if you use lowering springs and shocks? Is the ride comfort alot better when you use both?

The reason i ask is cause i'm sick of dodging pebbles on the road!!

I think it will only get worse. If anything, standard shocks with lower, stiffer springs will just be unable to control the spring. IMHO.. Most likely that's simply the way it is with those springs.. I've never heard anyone say that Eibach springs were anything other than "a bit harsh".

Try knocking a few PSI off your typre pressures. 2-3 should make a noticeable difference..

You should be running much lower pressures with the 17s anyway as the smaller sidewalls are much stiffer than standard size tyres.

whats the recommend tyre pressure for a standard vr? (or any corrado in fact)

I would be good to have a general guide as for tyre pressures with various profile tyres posted somewhere. Whos volenteeringto do that? :rroll:

whats the recommend tyre pressure for a standard vr? (or any corrado in fact)

I would be good to have a general guide as for tyre pressures with various profile tyres posted somewhere. Whos volenteeringto do that? :rroll:

Standard wheel pressures are on the filler flap or door b pillar, the corrado figures have always been a bit hard for my taste, although it does make for very responsive steering.

I've always tried the 'suck it and see' approach to some extent as different makes of tyre can require different pressures even on the same size/profile.

David.

Standard 15" pressures for the VR (half laden) are:-

36 psi front

32 psi rear

On 17s I run:-

32 front

30 rear

36 is too high on the VR imo. The middles of soft tyres tend to wear away quickly at that pressure, especially F1s. I'd run 33 or 34 on 15s personally.

If you just use lowering springs (eibach in my case), is the ride stiffer that if you use lowering springs and shocks? Is the ride comfort alot better when you use both?

The reason i ask is cause i'm sick of dodging pebbles on the road!!

I've got Eibach's on mine and i qriginaly fitted them with the original shock's and the ride was terrible so i replaced all 4 shocks with billstein's and the ride was excellent for about a week but now it seem's to be very harsh again :(

I'm now thinking of fitting some Koni TA's instead .

The reason i went for eibach spring's was because i had them on my previous car (golf VR6) and the ride was excellent no doubt about it and that was with 17" wheels on :) .I'm just going to have to stump up some more cash for Koni's :(