Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Golf 2 16v inlet 'fold

Right i have recently bought a mk2 golf 16 valve inlet manifold to replace the one on my corrado cos of the whole 50mm thing(not gonna bore you wi it) any way i sent it off to get powder coated and i got it back yesterday and i've gotta say these boys did a brilliant job. Anyway i'm gonna change it some time next week and apart from changing the injector seals and the gaskets should i change anything else.

Ps any advice from people who have done this before would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Ross

mite be a stupid question but - is the 50mm inlet better cos it can take in more air??(told u it was a stupid question)

while ur at it, u mite aswell change the rocker cover gasket- if u havent already.

Hi, I got one on my 16v problem is it made no noticeable difference, I have a 1.8, running a k and n panel filter and I drilled the airbox.

I suddenly wish I had bought a g60 - :?

The 50mm manifold should give more pull at the top end, but at the slight expense of bottom end. Swapping the manifolds works on some engines and has no change on others, it's a 'suck it and see' thing.

A full manifold overhaul includes the following:-

4 x brass injector seats

4 x brass injector seat seals (black)

4 x Orange/brown plastic injector guide tubes

4 x lower injector seals (black graphite coated)

4 x upper injector seals (green)

The whole lot comes to about £50 and gives a really nice idle.

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

A full manifold overhaul includes the following:-

4 x brass injector seats

4 x brass injector seat seals (black)

4 x Orange/brown plastic injector guide tubes

4 x lower injector seals (black graphite coated)

4 x upper injector seals (green)

Sorry, meant to say that is just for the bottom half of the manifold. You also need the long 4 hole gasket that joins this to the 'banana' bunch.

Another thing I've found that helps with valvers is to run an earth strap from the inlet manifold to direct to the battery negative terminal. I used to use those black cables that Halfords sell by the batteries. Secure it to the manifold under one of the 13mm nuts.

Cheers

Kev