Sign in to follow this  
Bora Bora

BBR CHIP FOR 2.0L 16V (POSSIBLE GROUP BUY)

Seen a car for sale in PVW with the above chip fitted, had a peak on the BBR website and there is a chip listed to take it from 136 bhp to 165 bhp!

Anyone know more info about this?

Seems like a good option, but am curious to what the chip actually does.As I believe only the timing can be adjusted on the 2.0L 16v.

Also anyone had any dealings with BBR?

Cheers in advance for any info

The 9A can be chipped like any other car. The KR 1800 only has a computer for ign timing. 165 seems pretty optomistic but then an ABF can be chipped from 150 to 175, supposedly.

BBR were well respected when I was a nipper. Never dealt with them myself.

Gavin

I have been in touch with BBR and this is going to be £235 fitted.Very good price if its genuinely going to give a 29 bhp increase!

They are also prepared to send the chip out by mail order with fitting and set up advice.At a price to be confirmed.

Wondering if anyone else is interested in a possible Group Buy???

I looked into chipping mine last year, but got so many conflicting views I chose not to spend the money.

Thats a very big increase on a normally aspirated car for just a chip. I'd be cautious, but if you do it, I'm interested in the outcome.

i would be interested in this if its going to be safe/reliable...need more info from past experiences...

After phoning BBR up, I have been misled by the email!

They do a chip for £235 fitted but this will only give an increase of 15-20 bhp.

For a bigger increase a custom re-map is required.This will give upto 35 extra bhp.

This comes in at £395...thought it was too good to be true.

May save my pennies and wait till the Summer and make a weekend of it.Its way too far me to travel and return in a day!

I was also told that VW kill their engines at birth! He said that I would be amazed what BBR can do!

Maybe best to un-sticky this now.

Did he ever say what the cost would be for the DIY chip? I might be interested as even 15-20bhp is reasonable. What about the torque? Does it move the band at al?