Sign in to follow this  
bugie

revs

could have different causes, you'll need to be a bit more specific! i.e high all the time, don't drop after you rev, drop really slowly etc

the revs are supposed to drop quite slowly!

ok so throttle is closed, and revs drop really slowly. besides the throttle body idle valve the only other 'correct' way air should bypass the throttle is via your ISV. Though you might have cleaned the ISV, yours could not be working properly. The ISV should buzz/ vibrate when the throttle is closed and the micro switch on the throttle is depressed, if not either the switch, or ISV is knackered - but if the ISV is knackered this would generally result in the engine completely dieing!?

The other possibility is your over fuelling, either through bust injector or due to a sticky metering head plunger.

unfortunately idle problems are difficult to dignose on valvers - especially on a forum! i'd suggest you get yourself a haynes which describes procedure for testing the systems, and there is other books too which go into detail about bosch kjet systems

Sorry to sound simple, but could it be the throttle cable sticking??? I had to replace mine which I think had just got really hot and slightly melted inside - Just ignore me if this is rubbish!

nah your absolutely right! was assuming bugie would notice something like that when under the hood :D

if sticky throttle cable prob wouldn't slip free slowly tho