Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Another quick question

Im getting a really bad grinding noise from the near side wheel when I'm driving, it sounds like two metal plates being scraped together, but the strange thing is, it seems to stop when I turn left??? :?: :? :?

Anyone got any ideas???

Wheel bearings?

Not too sure to be honest.. anyone else at help out at all? :)

I had this once and it was the metal Air Catching Plate thingy that sits behind your

brake disks. Just bend them away aliitle bit more from your discs. Failing that tho,

it'll be your brake pads gone or a wheel bearing.

I have a similar problem but why would it be the part behind the disk, the metal plate your refered to? This wont move when you steer!

I think its something to do with the powersteering pipes, I briefly stuck my head under the car when it was on the ramps and noticed the metal power steering pipe had some shiny metal on it and was touching another metal part so I think this part could be touching when you steer right. The faster you drive the higher pitch the sound and you can hear it very slightly, I have started to notice it more now at really slow speeds IE a car park and have recently had a new power steering pump fitted so maybe the pipes are not straight.

I will get it sorted and let you know if that sorts it. The bearing you can check by wiggiling the wheel, up and down / left and right with the car jacket up, if theres movment then the bearing definitely need doing.

Cheersfor the help people. It did turn out to be that metal plate behind the brake disc. It just took a little gentle beating to bend back and hay presto job done! :D