Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

Rad top hose leak

Well not exactly the hose but the part in between the hose and the radiator. There is water squirting out all over the place. I aint looked at it yet cos its still hot but will i need a whole radiator. Or can i replace the part inbetween, it sort of bends 90° and bolts onto the rad. OR as i have to drive from liverpool to reading and then on to london and back this weekend can i slap some sort of sealant all over it and hope?

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks in advance.

that bit constantly leaked on my vr6. i sealed and resealed that angled bit but to no avail.

until one day i changed the radiator and it was all ok again.

oh and the radiator doesnt exactly fly off either . . .

it comes seperately.

i bought one, thinking that was the problem, but changed the rad instead. i still have that angle. i think that is just the easiest place where it can leak

actually, come to think about it, i think it may have been the head gasket leaking that was pressurising everything, making that angle leak (i think i recall my rad leaking too). i had the head gasket done soon after.

so it may not be the rad, *just* the head gasket.

for the record, i had no water in oil or anything like that.

just crazy coolant loss, and lots of little leaks (with the pressure).

eventually it was running on 5 cylinders, so i got it changed. 430 quid it cost to have it changed.

sorry mate. it goes from bad to worse dont it.

I've just swapped the one off J-DUB onto the grey one after it cracked, so I KNOW it's possible on the G60 (and valvers)... ;)

If it's the 90degree bend with 2 10mm headed bolts either side of it (kinda diagonally across it) like on a G60/valver, then Yes, you can get them from VW pretty cheaply, but don't forget to buy a new O ring too else it'll leak even worse! :lol:

well got hold of a bendy bit with two 10mm bolt that are sort of diagonal which sits on top of the radiator and a seal. about £8. Possible the least expensive fix i have ever done. It will be coming tomorrow so its probabley the quickest fix i have done too. If it fixes it that is.