Sign in to follow this  
NG

Increasing Power

give it a full service using good quality parts, fit a K&N panel filter and make sure it's all running properly.

Or, if you're any good with spanners yourself, get hold of a 2.0 bottom end for it which you should be able to rebuild and swap over for around £500 doing it nicely yourself... 8)

If you can do all the work dismantling/rebuilding yourself, you might manage a gas flowed head for that money, or you could even have a go at doing the head youself, mine cost £100 ish including gaskets etc, but you will need a lot of time to do it.

what the WORST that can happen?

blown gear box?

blown engine?

wrap the car around a tree??

Worst that can happen just sticking nitrous onto a car?

Melted pistons, knackered crank and a damaged block resulting in a locked up engine which would screw the gearbox if it happened at speed possibly causing you to crash and kill someone which would end up with you banned and in prison 'cos your insurance would be void 'cos of the nitrous... :|

You did ask... :|

Oh, and it's COrrado (not carrado)...

Several people here do run Nitrous kits on their cars with good results, however most have done some pretty major overhauls on their engines first, or have low milage cars to start with... :|

I think ill give the nos a miss!!

Any other safe ways of increase the power

I think ChrisVR6NOS is running a big shot of NOS on his high miler VR without prior engine work and has no issues currently.

The key is understanding how NOS works and knowing what you're doing with it.

2 litre bottom end, 50mm golf inlet manifold, Weber Firebreather throttle body... if you can find one!

I can vouch for the 50mm inlet fold doing the trick, ive jusr swapped over to G60 power so if you want my manifold just let me know inletmanifold.jpg looking for about 70 notes if your interested

sounds like a good project although I guess a G60 will give you more bhp per £. BTW what is a 2.0 bottom end in lahmans terms? do you keep the cylinder head and just change the block?

Ive got 162bhp outa my 1.8 for under £500 without changing the bottom end! Dont get me wrong,i want a 2l bottom end but cant get one on the isle of wight! standard 2l are 150bhp anyway you just gain 20ish lbs of torque.

o,and ive found a Weber firebreather :p

Im going down the 2.0L bottom end route.. wished I'd bought a G60 now..

I think most people with valvers wish they had a G60 or VR6.

Thats exactly how i felt, so i went for it. Valver out, G-unit in

lookingood.jpg

Enough motivation and help and you can do anything

So do u just get 2L bottom end, and swap pistons and block? nothing more or fiddle with anything else?

What bout fueling ect? surely will need more?!?!

Sounds like could be fun summer project!

Just swop the blocks over,they are both the same externally! Ideally get it rolling roaded after to get fuelling spot on