Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

VR6 complete suspension overhaul questions

Looking at ditching my tired original shocks and springs for either FK Konigsport coilovers or the H&R / Koni TA setup.

What I need to know is what other suspension parts should I replace front and rear while I'm there, ie bushes?

Need to know the cost of new bushes and a rough price of getting them fitted too, would probably get it done at somewhere like Stealth, rather than the local dealer as I want it done properly.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Yeah I'll do that for the fitting and geometry set up.

Thing is I should be able to get things like bushes at trade price, so any prices you guys give I can compare like for like. All I need to know is which ones to get and whether to go with OE or uprated items.

Cheers.

If you use the search there is a fair few topics bout this, some pretty recent as well. The general idea is to keep OE rear bushes and uprate the front ones, thats what im doin anyway.

personally i'm going with OE Bushes etc as the Powerflex components transmit a fair bit of shock into the cabin over poor roads & if you go with coilovers it would probably be even more so than an uprated damper/spring setup - depends how hardcore you want to go.

you may need bumpstops (OE or uprated like Bonrath or Powerflex) as well if you take the non coilover route - sometimes there included in the package,sometimes not.

here's what i would go with -

- Wishbone L+R (including pre pressed Bushes & Ball Joints)

- Top Mount Bearings

- Anti Roll Bar Bushes

- Drop Links

- Track Rod Ends

- Rear Beam Bushes

also if you buy coilovers make sure the tool (sometimes two) is included.

the ARB parts i've listed (Bushes + Drop links) will vary depending on what you plan to do - i'm going to upgrade to the Eibach kit eventually (should do it @ the same time really but i can't afford it),but if your planning on buying the Neuspeed setup @ some point both these parts come included in the kit & use uprated components.

your looking @ about £200 for what i've listed above OE (poss a bit less for Powerflex !)+ probably about £250 to get everything fitted not including Camber/Geometry setup (£35 upwards depending on where you go).

i bought all my parts from Jeff @ Eurocarparts Bristol

hope that helps :wink:

but if your planning on buying the Neuspeed setup @ some point both these parts come included in the kit & use uprated components.

On the VR6, the Neuspeed front bar comes with poly bushes and that's it. You reuse the existing drop links.

but if your planning on buying the Neuspeed setup @ some point both these parts come included in the kit & use uprated components.

On the VR6, the Neuspeed front bar comes with poly bushes and that's it. You reuse the existing drop links.

nice one Kev - didn't realise that :)

Thanks for the input guys, that's a great help :)

no probs - you caught me @ the right time as i've just been thru the same scenario,working out what to replace etc before the new suspension goes on early next week,

take it easy,

Meredith

yes I'll be doing just the same- a new Bilstein sprintline Kit and a whole pile of new bushes and joints etc. Four months driving round in Bradford and Leeds have made it feel like a right jalopy :(