Sign in to follow this  
Paul 8v

Hi! I'm new here!

Hi, i'm new on this Forum, I heard about it from someone on jct 29, I'm interested in getting a corrado, probably a g60. I currently drive a mk3 gti anniversary so am not entirley new to the world of VW! Just wondered where i could find out about the 4wd conversions he mentioned?

Welcome! Though I'm afraid my Corrado knowledge is limited due to the fact that I own a Passat! :lol:

I'm sure it'll be only about half an hour before you're deluged with more advice than you know what to do with! ;)

Paul 8v, Welcome to the forum, check out the Members Gallery....

Cool i've found a few 4wd's on there, looks tricky!Did they ever do a syncro version like the vr6 syncro golf as that sounds much easier!

no corrado ever left the factory with 4x4, although a couple of the guys here are building cars that you wouldn't be able to tell didn't leave the factory with it! 8)

I have since found out I need to chop up a Rallye or a synchro and i know someone who has a synchro ready to be raided! :evil:

allot of the corrado's I'm looking at are well over 100,000 miles, is this ok?what is the maximum millage to look at before they go bang?

I'm on 203k miles and going strong, mate :)

It's whether they've been well maintained that makes the difference.

Give me a well-looked after 200k'er over a driven-on-no-oil-and-no-care 50k'er anyday.

yup, with ya all the way there Andi... J-DUB was on almost 250K miles when I decided to rebuild the engine (well, it pre-empted me slightly... :oops: ) and my new grey C has 150K on it and is still pulling like a good 'un.... 8)

268K? Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiitttttt.... I'd better get J-DUB back on the road sharpish to try and pass that! ;) :lol:

My G6 with 103k on feels a huge amount better than my 14k Puma - so much so that I sold the Puma

Interesting, I've only heard praise for the Puma, but you'r G60 spec is impressive so I'm sure it will feel better than most cars out there.