Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Will it fit????

As some might have read, I bought a Milltek exhaust system off ebay recently. It should be coming tomorrow.

Only thing is, I think it's the early hanger type and my C uses the bar type. (I know I should have checked :oops: )

Well, that's what they look like coming off my powerflow at the min.

Question is:

If the fittings are different is it possible to still fit the milltek??

Thanks

RACK

That what I've been thinking. The engine is coming out soon, so I can get both systems side by side. If it's just a case of a bit of welding then it's smiles all round.

If not then someone on here will be offered a bargian system :lol:

From my experience of those who have tried to complete this exact conversion, and oh how i wish i was to be awarded a pound for every enquiry of this nature, i think that you will be offering somone a bargain very soon. Everyone that i know of who has attempted this conversion has ended up scrapping the hybrid they have "operated on" and buying a system from me that was made for the job. First question, do you have access to a stainless steel welding plant and or operator? How much did you pay for the system? How much will you be paying a welder? After this are you still weighing in under a budget price of £266.36? Sorry to sound so negative, but as i say i have been down this road with others like yourself many times before. I wish you well should you decide to persue this conversion.

I appriceate the veiw mate.

I got it for £150.

As for the welding, I work at a Corus (formally British Steel) technical centre and have our top welder (who is a certified weld inspector) as a mate, he'll probably charge about 60 benson&hedges.

I was looking at the system last night and it looks like it will fit.

If not then I will sell both my Powerflow and the milltek and buy a complete new system.

Thanks